How do I pin applications to the screen on my Samsung Galaxy S5?
You can pin an application to the screen of your device. This feature locks your device so the person using it has access to only the pinned application. Pinning an application also prevents other applications and features from causing interruptions, and it keeps you from accidentally exiting the application. To pin an application, follow the steps below to turn on Pin windows, and then follow the steps to pin an application to the screen.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn On Pin Windows
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Settings .
- Scroll to and touch Security .
- Scroll to and touch Pin windows.
- Touch the slider to turn Pin windows on .
If you do not have a secure screen lock turned on, you can turn one on to prevent access to the rest of your device if the application is unpinned.
Note: To change or turn off the screen lock, go to Settings > Lock screen > Screen lock. Enter your pattern, PIN, password, or fingerprint and select a new screen lock type.
- Touch the slider next to Use screen lock type to unpin to turn it on .
- Touch the screen lock type you want to use, and follow the on-screen instructions for setting it up.
Pin an Application to the Screen
Calling, messaging, and other functions may not be available while an application is pinned to the screen. Access to other applications will be prevented.
With the Pin windows feature turned on, you can pin an application to your screen.
- Open the application you want to pin and touch Recent .
- Touch in the bottom-right corner of the application window.
- Review the information about pinning applications and touch START.
- The application will pin to the screen, and your device will display the Application locked on screen message.
Unpin an Application
Touch and hold Recent and Back on your device simultaneously.
The application will unpin from the screen, and your device will display the Application no longer locked on screen message.
If you set up a secure screen lock, you will need to unlock the device to access the application again.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.