Galaxy Tab S2 - How do I use the Quick connect feature to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with nearby devices?
Quick connect simplifies sharing content with other devices. Let Quick connect find nearby devices, and then share your screen or send pictures, music, videos, and more. Quick connect will also use the Bluetooth® feature, Wi-Fi Direct®, or Screen Mirroring, depending on the type of content being shared and whether the other device has Quick connect installed.
When Quick connect is turned on, other devices will be able to see your device and send sharing requests.
Share Content with Quick Connect
- To access Quick connect from any menu or application, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to open the Notification Panel.
- Touch Quick connect in the Notification Panel.
- Touch START.
- A list of nearby devices will display. Touch the device you want to connect to. In this example, touch Share content.
- All the sharing options available for the connection type will display. Touch the type of content you want to share. For this example, touch Image.
- Mark the checkbox for each picture you want to share and touch DONE.
- The device you are sharing with will be asked to DECLINE or ACCEPT the files.
- After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can be accessed from the application in which they are used (such as the Gallery application). You can also access them from the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen and touching File received.
Find a Nearby Device
If the device you want to connect to does not automatically display:
- Make sure the device you want to connect to is turned on and the screen is awake.
- Turn on Quick connect from the Notification Panel.
If Quick connect is not installed on the device you want to connect to, check the following settings (some will only apply to certain types of devices):
- Make sure the device you are connecting to has the Bluetooth feature turned on and the Bluetooth visibility set to be visible to all nearby devices.
- Make sure both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- To use Screen Mirroring, turn on Screen Mirroring on both devices.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.