Using Wi-Fi Direct™ on Your Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0
Wi-Fi Direct™ is a wireless technology that enables Wi-Fi Direct devices to connect directly to one another. This means users on-the-go can print documents, share data, sync files, and display information from notebooks and netbooks, as well as from devices like smartphones and tablets. Products certified by Wi-Fi Direct can connect to other wireless devices without joining a traditional wireless network or Wi-Fi hotspot.
Wi-Fi Direct Setup
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Touch Wi-Fi Direct.
- Your device will scan for other Wi-Fi Direct devices automatically. If the device you want to connect to is not listed, make sure Wi-Fi Direct is activated on the other device and it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Touch the device you want to connect to.
- The other device will receive an invitation to connect prompt and will have 30 seconds to touch Accept for the connection to be made.
- Once connected, the other device will be listed under Connected devices, and the icon will display at the top of your screen.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.