How do I set up a Lock Screen Password on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? (SM-T713 and SM-T813)
When you set a password (with at least four characters, numbers, or symbols) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Don’t forget your password! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
Set up a Lock Screen Password on My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
An alphanumeric password is required for increased security.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security.
- Touch Screen lock type.
- If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to draw the pattern previously registered.
- Touch Password.
- Enter an alphanumeric Password. A Password must be a minimum of four digits, but no more than 16 digits. Alphanumeric means the password must contain letters and numbers for maximum safety. Then, touch CONTINUE.
- Re-enter the same alphanumeric sequence and touch OK.
- Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
- Press the Power button twice to access lock screen. Then, swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
- Enter your Password and touch Done to unlock the device.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.