Use Self Clean on Your Washer
A wet and warm environment is an invitation for mold and unpleasant odors. Unfortunately, this includes your washer. But fortunately, we planned ahead for this situation. Use the Self Clean function and use your washer with peace of mind.
• Using Self Clean, you can clean the tub without using a cleansing agent.
• Never use Self Clean when laundry is in the washer. This may cause damage to the laundry or a problem with the washer
Self Clean is a cleaning cycle that removes mold that may occur inside the washer.
To activate Self Clean, press POWER to turn on the washer. After, press Self Clean, and then press START/PAUSE for 3 seconds to begin.
The Self Clean Auto Led Function
- If the Self Clean led is lit after a wash, it indicates tub cleaning is required. In this case, remove the laundry from the washing machine, turn the power on, and clean the drum by running Self Clean.
- If you do not run Self Clean, the Self Clean led turns off. However, the Self Clean led will light again after five washes. Not running Self Clean at this point will not cause a problem with the washing machine
- Although the Self Clean Auto led appears once a month or so, the frequency may differ depending on the number of times the washing machine is used.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.