Using the Quick Connect to Connect Your Samsung Galaxy S® 4 with nearby devices?
Quick connect simplifies sharing content with other devices. Let Quick connect find nearby devices, and then share your screen or send pictures, music, videos, and more. Quick connect will also use the Bluetooth® feature, Wi-Fi Direct®, or Screen Mirroring depending on the type of content being shared and whether the other device has Quick connect installed.
When Quick connect is turned on, other devices will be able to see your device and send sharing requests.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Share Content with Quick Connect
1. To access Quick connect from any menu or application, open the Quick Panel by swiping two fingers slightly separated from the top of the screen to the bottom.
2. Touch Quick connect. If Quick connect is not available in the Quick Panel, open the Notification Panel and touch Quick connect.
3. A tutorial about Quick connect will display. Review the information on each screen and touch NEXT.
4. Choose to make your device visible To all devices, To contacts only, or Only when Quick connect turned on/enabled.
5. Touch START.
6. A list of nearby devices displays, as well as the type of connection your device has with each nearby device. In this example, our device can:
- Send content to "Ruth's Note 4."
- Control a Samsung Smart TV™.
- Send content to a computer using a Bluetooth connection.
7. Touch the device you want to connect to. Your choices will vary depending on the type of connection. To send a contact or other content to "Ruth's Note 4," touch Send content.
8. All the sharing options available for the connection type display. Touch the type of content you want to share. For this example, touch Contacts.
9. Mark the checkbox for the contact you want to share and touch DONE.
10. The device you are sharing with will be asked to ACCEPT or DECLINE the files.
11. After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can be accessed from the application in which they are used (such as the Contacts application). You can also access them from the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
Share the Content You are Viewing
The fastest way to share content is while it is already open on your screen.
1. Open the content you want to share, whether it's a photo, video, song, etc.
2. Open Quick connect from the Quick Panel or Notification Panel, as shown above.
3. Choose Send selected content.
4. The device you are sharing with will be asked to ACCEPT or DECLINE the content.
5. After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can be accessed from the application in which they are used (such as the Contacts application). You can also access them from the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
• If you want to share different content from what you were viewing, touch More.
• Then touch next to the device you want to share with.
• Touch Send other content and select the content you want to share.
Find a Nearby Device
If the device you want to connect to does not automatically display in the Nearby list.
1. Make sure the device you want to connect to is turned on and the screen is awake.
2. Turn on Quick connect from the Notification Panel or Quick Panel.
If Quick connect is not installed on the device you want to connect to, check the following settings (some will only apply to certain types of devices):
- Make sure the device you are connecting to has the Bluetooth feature turned on and the Bluetooth visibility set to be visible to all nearby devices.
- Make sure both devices are on same Wi-Fi® network.
- To use Screen mirroring, turn on Screen mirroring on both devices.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.