How Do I Set up a Lock Screen Pattern on My Samsung Galaxy Tab A? (SM-P550, SM-T550, and SM-T350)
When you set a pattern (draw a pattern with four or more dots) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Don’t forget your pattern! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
Set up a Lock Screen Pattern
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security.
- Touch Screen lock type.
- If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to enter the PIN previously registered. Then, touch CONTINUE.
- Touch Pattern.
- Create a screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in vertical, horizontal, or diagonal directions. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and touch CONTINUE.
- Draw the pattern again and touch CONFIRM.
- Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen. Then, touch DONE.
- You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Touch LATER to skip this step. Touch SET UP to add your fingerprints. For this example, touch LATER.
- Press the Power button twice to access lock screen. Then, swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
- Draw your pattern to unlock the device.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.