Installing the Washer (WF45K6200)
To install your washer properly, follow the instructions below.
1/7 - Select a Location
- A solid, level surface without carpeting or flooring that may obstruct ventilation
- No direct sunlight
- Adequate room for ventilation and wiring
- Ambient temperature always higher than the freezing point (32˚F/0˚C)
- Away from heat sources
2/7 - Remove the Shipping Bolts
Packaging materials can be dangerous to children. Dispose all packaging material (plastic bags, polystyrene, etc.) out of children’s reach.
Unpack the product package and remove all shipping bolts.
- Loosen all shipping bolts on the rear of the machine using the spanner.
An adjustable wrench or a 10 millimeter open end wrench is required for removing the shipping bolts.
- Fill the holes with the supplied plastic bolt caps. Keep the shipping bolts for future use.
3/7 - Adjust the Leveling Feet
- Gently slide the washer into position. Excessive force may damage the leveling feet.
- Level the washer by manually adjusting the leveling feet.
- When leveling is complete, tighten the nuts using the spanner.
An adjustable wrench or a 17 millimeter open end wrench is required to loosen or tighten the leveling feet.
4/7 - Connect the Water Hose
- Make sure you use a new water hose. Attach the rubber gaskets (B) (included) into the couplings (A) (included). Then, tighten them at either end of the water hose. A water hose without the gasket may leak.
- If there is a water leak, stop using the washer and contact a local Samsung service center. A water leak may cause electric shock.
- Do not stretch the water hose by force. If the hose is too short, replace the hose with a longer, high-pressure hose.
- To prevent leaks, make sure both water hoses are not bent or kinked.
Connecting the water hoses to the faucets.
- Connect one end of each water hose to the Cold (A) or Hot (B) tap.
- First tighten the fittings by hand. Then, tighten them with a spanner.
Do not over-tighten the fittings as doing so can damage them.
- To check if they are properly connected, gently tug on the water hoses.
- Place the other ends of the hoses into a bucket. Then, remove all impurities by opening the taps for 10-15 seconds. When done, close the taps.
- Connect the other ends of the water hoses to the corresponding inlets on the rear of the machine as specified. Make sure the hot water hose is connected to the hot inlet, and the cold water hose to the cold inlet.
- Repeat step 2 above on the other fittings. Make sure both water hoses are connected properly. See the ‘4C’ information code for troubleshooting.
- Open both faucets. Then, check for leaks.
If you do not want to use the hot water hose, insert the inlet cap into the hot water inlet. In this case, you must select Tap Cold for the water temperature. All other water indicators turn off.
To prevent water hoses from being bent or kinked, make sure there is at least a 6 inch (150 mm) space between the washer and the rear wall.
5/7 - Position the Drain Hose
The drain hose can be positioned in three ways.
- Over the edge of a wash basin: The drain hose must be placed at a height of between 24 inches (60 centimeters) and 35 inches (90 centimeters) from the floor. To keep the spout of the drain hose bent, use the supplied plastic hose guide (A). To ensure stable drainage, secure the guide to the wall using a hook.
- ln a standpipe or laundry tub: The laundry tub (B) or standpipe (C) must be no shorter than 18 inches (46 centimeters) and no higher/longer than 96 inches (245 centimeters). Make sure the drain hose and the standpipe are not airtight.
D: Hose retainer / E: Tie straps
• Connect the hose guide (A) within 6 inches (15 centimeters)* of the end of the drain hose. If the drain hose is extended beyond the end of the hose guide, mold or microorganisms could spread inside the washer. The drain hose can be installed up to 96 inches (245 centimeters) high, but the draining capability can be reduced at the maximum height. Water remaining in the drain system may cause an odor.
• If the drain hose is installed less than 18 inches (46 centimeters) high, water can be drained during the process due to a siphon phenomenon. If this happens, a "4C" information code appears on the display.
- Wall standpipe drain system: The drain hose must be placed into a wall standpipe drain system. To keep the end of the drain hose bent, use the supplied hose guide (A). To ensure stable drainage, secure the guide to the wall using a hook.
6/7 - Power On
Plug the power cord into an AC 120 V/60 Hz approved electrical outlet protected by a fuse or circuit breaker. Then, turn on the washer by pressing the POWER button.
7/7 - Wi-Fi Connection using the Smart Home Adapter
You must purchase an adapter that is restricted to HD39*1230*W models (home appliances). Use of any other adapter can cause system failure.
Installing the Samsung Smart Home Adapter to the Washer
- To unlock the adapter cover, press the cover to the left of the word PUSH as shown in the illustration.
- To access the adapter's protective cap, pull open the adapter cover. Then, remove the cap by gently pulling the cap to the right and lifting it up.
To prevent accidents, keep the protective cap out of children’s reach and away from pets.
- Insert the Smart Home Adapter into the Adapter port (A). Make sure the Samsung logo is facing forward.
Do not insert other USB devices such as USB memory sticks or USB power cables into the port. Incorrect use of the port may damage the Samsung Smart Adapter, causing system failure.
- Insert the upper area of the adapter cover first. Then, lock the cap by pressing it down as shown.
To prevent device damage or system failure, keep moisture away from the adapter cover. If the adapter cover gets wet or stained, use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe up the moisture or wipe away the stain. Then, completely dry the cover.
Network connection (applicable models only)
You can use the optional Smart Home Adapter (sold separately) to control and monitor your washing machine through the Samsung Smart Home app.
- Recommended encryption systems include WPA/TKIP and WPA2/AES. Any newer or non-standard Wi-Fi authentication protocols are not supported.
- Wireless networks may be affected by the surrounding wireless communication environment.
- If your Internet service provider has registered the MAC® address of your PC or modem for identification, your Samsung Smart washing machine may fail to connect to the Internet. If this happens, contact your Internet service provider for technical assistance.
- The firewall settings of your network system may prevent your Samsung Smart washing machine from accessing the Internet. Contact your Internet service provider for technical assistance. If this symptom continues, contact a local Samsung service center or retailer.
- To configure the wireless access point (AP) settings, see the user manual of the AP.
- Samsung Smart washing machines featuring the Samsung SmartHome Adapter support both Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and Soft-AP protocols. (IEEE 802.11 n is recommended.)
- Unauthorized Wi-Fi wireless routers may fail to connect to applicable Samsung Smart washing machines.
- If the washer is installed in a basement, or communication with your network is poor, you need to install a Wi-Fi signal booster/repeater or a more powerful router.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.