Paper Feeding Problems on a Samsung Printer
Use the following table to find solutions for paper feeding problems you are experiencing. If your machine has a display screen, check the message on the display screen first to solve the error.
|Paper jams during printing.||Clear the paper jams.|
|Paper sticks together.||
• Check the maximum paper capacity of the tray.
• Make sure that you are using the correct type of paper.
• Remove paper from the tray and flex or fan the paper.
• Humid conditions may cause some paper to stick together.
|Multiple sheets of paper do not feed.||Different types of paper may be stacked in the tray. Load paper with only one type, size, and weight.|
|Paper does not feed into the machine.||
• Remove any obstructions from inside the machine.
• Paper has not been loaded correctly. Remove paper from the tray and reload it correctly.
• There is too much paper in the tray. Remove excess paper from the tray.
•The paper is too thick. Use only paper that meets the specifications required by the machine.
|The paper keeps jamming.||
• There is too much paper in the tray. Remove excess paper from the tray. If you are printing on special materials, use the manual feeding in tray.
•An incorrect type of paper is being used. Use only paper that meets the specifications required by the machine.
• There may be debris inside the machine. Open the front cover and remove any debris.
|Envelopes skew or fail to feed correctly.||Ensure that the paper guides are against both side of the envelopes.|
Tips for avoiding paper jams
To avoid paper jams, refer to the following guidelines:
- Ensure that the adjustable guides are positioned correctly.
- Do not remove paper from the tray while your machine is printing.
- Flex, fan, and straighten paper before loading.
- Do not use creased, damp, or curled paper.
- Do not mix papers in a tray.
- Use only recommended print media.