Installing the Washer (WA45K7600)
Make sure all the parts are included in the product package. If you have a problem with the washer or the parts, contact a local Samsung customer center or the retailer.
1/5 - Select a Location
- A solid, level surface without carpeting or flooring that may obstruct ventilation
- No direct sunlight
- Adequate room for ventilation and wiring
- Ambient temperature always higher than the freezing point (32˚F/0˚C)
- Away from heat sources
2/5 -Connecting the Water Supply Hose
- Make sure you use a new water hose. Attach the rubber gaskets (B) (included) into the couplings (A) (included). Then, tighten them at either end of the water hose. A water hose without the gasket may leak.
- If there is a water leak, stop using the washer and contact a local Samsung service center. A water leak may cause electric shock.
- Do not stretch the water hose by force. If the hose is too short, replace the hose with a longer, high-pressure hose.
- To prevent leaks, make sure both water hoses are not bent or kinked.
Connecting the water hoses to the faucets.
- Connect the ends of the water supply hoses to the hot (B) and cold (A) faucets.
- Tighten the fittings by hand until they are snug. Then, tighten them an additional two-thirds of a turn with a wrench.
Do not over-tighten the fittings or apply tape or sealant to the faucets or water supply intakes as doing so can damage them.
- To check if they are properly connected, gently tug on the water hoses.
- Place the other ends of the hoses into a bucket. Then, remove all impurities by opening the taps for 10-15 seconds. When done, close the taps.
- Connect the other ends of the water hoses to the corresponding inlets on the rear of the machine as specified. Make sure the hot water hose is connected to the hot inlet, and the cold water hose to the cold inlet.
- Tighten the fittings by hand until they are snug, and then tighten them an additional two-thirds of a turn with a wrench.
• To ensure the correct water usage, connect both the hot and cold water faucets. If either or both are not connected, a “4C” (no fill) code can be displayed.
• If you do not want to use the hot water supply hose, insert the water intake cap into the hot water supply intake hole. In this case, you must select the Tap Cold for the water temperature. If you select the Tap Cold , all the lamps for the water temperature options are turned off.
Confirm that the water supply hoses are not twisted or bent. If the hoses are twisted or bent, the hoses can leak and cause electric shock due to the water leakage.
- Turn on the hot and cold water supplies and check all the water supply intake connections and the faucets for water leaks.
3/5 -Connecting the Drain Hose
The drain hose can be positioned in three ways:
- Over the edge of a wash basin
The drain hose must be placed at a height between 24 inches (60 centimeters) and 35 inches (90 centimeters) from the floor. To keep the spout of the drain hose bent, use the supplied plastic hose guide (A). To ensure stable drainage, secure the guide to the wall using a hook.
- ln a standpipe or laundry tub
The laundry tub (B) or standpipe (C) must be no shorter than 18 inches (46 centimeters) and no higher or longer than 96 inches (245 centimeters).
When the drain hose is installed at the maximum height, it can reduce the draining capability and cause and odor in washer.
- Make sure that the connection between the drain hose and the standpipe is not airtight.
- Connect the hose guide (A) within 4 inches (10 centimeters) from the end of the drain hose. If the drain hose is extended more than 4 inches (10 centimeters) beyond the end of the hose guide, mold or microorganisms could spread to the inside of the washer.
- If the drain hose is installed below 39 inches (99 centimeters), water can be drained in cycles due to a siphon phenomenon. It causes the washer to display “4C.”
4/5 -Adjust the Levelling Feet
Check the position of the tub and make sure it is properly leveled.
- Slide the washer into position.
- Open the lid of the washer, and pour the water into the tub just below the pulsator level. If the washer is level, the pulsator (A) is positioned at the center of the water as shown in the figure.
WA45K7600A*, WA45K7100A* models have the Built-in sink over the pulsator level. That’s why the level is not revealed. Open the Built-in sink and visually check the level.
- If the washer is not level, turn the front leveling feet clockwise or counterclockwise as necessary.
Turn the front leveling feet clockwise (B) to lower the washer, and counterclockwise (C) to raise the washer.
5/5 -Powering your Washer
- Plug the power cord into a 3-prong, well grounded 120 V/60 Hz approved electrical outlet protected by a 15-amp fuse or comparable circuit breaker.
- Your washer is grounded through the third prong of the power cord when plugged into a three-prong grounded electrical outlet.
- For Test run: Make sure your washer is installed correctly by running the Rinse+Spin cycle after the installation is complete.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.