Measuring your Heart Rate on your Gear IconX
Measure and record your heart rate using the S Health app on your mobile device.
• This feature is intended for fitness and informational purposes only and is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
• To measure your heart rate more accurately with the Gear IconX earbuds, wear the Gear IconX earbuds firmly in your ears.
Measuring your Heart Rate Using S Health
- Navigate to S Health. Then, touch Running or Walking.
- Touch START.
- Your real-time HRM is displayed under Heart rate (bpm).
Things You Should Know Before Measuring Your Heart Rate
- The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may be diminished if the heart rate sensor does not make contact with your ear.
- Use the HR feature only for measuring your heart rate.
- Do not look directly at the heart rate sensor's lights. Doing so may impair your vision. Make sure children do not look directly at the lights.
- The amount of time required for the heart rate sensor to measure your heart rate may vary depending on measurement conditions and surroundings.
- Cold ambient temperatures may affect your measurement; during winter or cold weather, keep yourself warm when checking your heart rate.
- If heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust the position of the Gear IconX earbuds so the heart rate sensor sits firmly against the insides of your ears. For example, rotate the Gear IconX earbuds slightly to the right, left, up, or down, and try measuring again. If that does not work, change the wingtip size and try measuring again.
- Measure your heart rate repeatedly at least five times and check the average value.
- Smoking or consuming alcohol before taking measurements may cause your heart rate to be different from your normal heart rate.
- Do not talk, yawn, or breathe deeply while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately.
- Because the heart rate sensor uses light to approximate heart rate, its accuracy may vary due to physical factors that affect light absorption and reflection, such as blood circulation/blood pressure, skin condition and location and concentration of blood vessels.
- If obstructions between the heart rate sensor and your ear, such as body hair, dirt, or other objects, prevent the light from reflecting evenly, measurements may be inaccurate.
- The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may be diminished when you are trying to measure infants’ heart rates.
- If the heart rate sensor is dirty, clean it before use.
- If the heart rate sensor is damaged, measurements may be inaccurate.
- If your Gear IconX earbuds become hot to the touch, stop measuring and remove them from your ears. Extended exposure of skin to hot Gear IconX earbuds can result in burns.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.