Using the Override Mode on Your 4 Door Flex Refrigerator (RF28K9070SG)
When the refrigerator operates in SMART GRID (Demand Response) mode, the Energy Management Refrigerator function can control energy usage or delay the operation of some functions to conserve energy.
- To activate the Override function, touch and hold Cubed Ice for 3 seconds.
NOTE: To use the SMART GRID (Demand Response) function, you need a separate contract with your electric utility company.
- You will hear a buzzer sound and "Or" and "on" will be displayed on the freezer and fridge temperature displays for 5 seconds.
- If the refrigerator receives a SMART GRID (Demand Response) signal from the utility company, "Or" will be displayed in the freezer temperature display.
- To deactivate Override mode, touch and hold Cubed Ice for 3 seconds.
- You will hear a buzzer sound and "Or" and "oF" will be displayed on the fridge and freezer temperature displays for 5 seconds.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.