How do I Add a Widget to the Home Screen on My Samsung Galaxy On5? (SM-S550 and SM-G550)
A Widget is an interactive item that can be added to the Home screen of your device to give you quick access to information or tasks you perform frequently. Your device comes with preloaded widgets. You can download additional widgets from the Google Play Store.
The available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Add a Widget
- Touch and hold the screen to access Widgets.
You can also access the widget by using the pinch gesture on the screen.
- Touch Widgets on the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe to find the widget you would like to place on the screen. Then, touch and hold the selected widget.
- Drag the widget to the Home screen and release it.
- To adjust the size of the widget, touch and hold the widget. When the widget is highlighted, drag the dot to adjust the size.
Not all the widgets can be adjusted the size.
- Then, touch an empty area on the screen to save.
- To move the widget, you can simply touch and hold the widget and drag to a new location.
Remove a Widget
- Touch and hold the widget you would like to remove.
- While holding, drag the widget to the top of the screen to the top of the screen. Release the widget when the Remove icon appears.
Removing the widget from the screen will not delete it from your device.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.