How do I Use Power Saving Mode on My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1? (SM-T580 and SM-P580)
Power saving mode conserves battery power by limiting CPU performance, reducing screen brightness, and turning off the touch key light and vibration feedback. You can turn on Power saving mode manually, or you can set your device to go into Power saving mode automatically.
Turning On Power Saving Mode
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Battery.
- Touch Power saving mode.
- Touch the slider to turn Power saving mode on.
- Touch Start power saving.
- Choose when you want Power saving mode to take effect.
• Immediately: Goes straight into Power saving mode.
• At 5% battery power: Starts Power saving mode when battery power is at 5% or below.
• At 15% battery power: Starts Power saving mode when battery power is at 15% or below.
• At 20% battery power: Starts Power saving mode when battery power is at 20% or below.
• At 50% battery power: Starts Power saving mode when battery power is at 50% or below.
Power Saving Tips
Your device provides options that help you conserve battery power. By customizing these options and turning off features in the background, you can use the device longer between charges:
- Turn off the Bluetooth feature.
- Turn off Wi-Fi.
- Turn off the GPS service.
- Turn off the mobile data connection.
- Turn off auto-syncing of accounts.
- Turn off the Smart features.
- Turn off Always On Display.
- Discontinue use of Live wallpapers.
- Decrease the backlight time (timeout settings).
- Decrease the brightness of the display or use automatic brightness.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.