How do I Set Up Screen Lock on My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1? (SM-T580 and SM-P580)
Increase your mobile device's security by setting up a screen lock. Pattern, PIN, Password and Fingerprint locks provide better protection than Swipe lock and are all configured from the Screen lock type menu.
If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security.
- Touch Screen lock type.
- For this example, touch Pattern. Alternatively, touch PIN or Password and follow the steps to set up a numeric or password lock.
- Create a screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in vertical, horizontal, or diagonal directions. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and touch CONTINUE.
- Draw the pattern again and touch CONFIRM.
- Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen. Then, touch DONE.
- You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Touch LATER to skip this step. Touch SET UP to add your fingerprints. For this example, touch LATER.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.