Using the Proper Cookware on Your Electric Cooktop (NZ30K6330 & NZ36K6430)
This appliance is equipped with surface units of various sizes. Select pots and pans that have flat bottoms large enough to cover the surface area of the heating element.
Using the Proper Cookware
Make sure it's flat by rotating a ruler around the bottom of the cookware.
- Flat bottom and straight sides.Tight fitting lids.Weight of handle does not tilt pan.Pan is well balanced.Pan size matches the amount of food to be prepared and the size of the surface element.Made of a material that conducts heat well.Always match pot diameter to element surface diameter.
- Curved and warped pan bottoms.
- Pan overhangs element by more than a half inch.
- Pan is smaller than element.
- Heavy handle tilts pan.
Choosing the Proper Cookware
What your cookware is made of determines how evenly and quickly heat is transferred from the surface element to the bottom of the pan.
- ALUMINUM - Excellent heat conductor. Some types of food will cause the aluminum to darken. (Anodized aluminum cookware resists staining & pitting.) If aluminum pans are slid across the ceramic cooktop, they may leave metal marks that resemble scratches. Remove these marks as soon as the cooktop cools down.
- COPPER - Excellent heat conductor but discolors easily. May leave metal marks on ceramic glass.
- STAINLESS STEEL - Slow heat conductor with uneven cooking results. It is durable, easy to clean, and resists staining.
- CAST IRON - A poor conductor; retains heat very well. Cooks evenly once cooking temperature is reached. Not recommended for use on ceramic cooktops.
- ENAMELWARE - Heating characteristics will vary depending on the base material. Porcelain enamel coating must be smooth to avoid scratching ceramic cooktops.
- GLASS - Slow heat conductor. Not recommended for ceramic cooktop surfaces as it may scratch the surface.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.