Using the Proper Cookware on Your Electric Cooktop (NZ30K7570 & NZ36K7570)
Using the right cookware can prevent many problems, such as uneven cooking or extended cooking times. Using the proper pots and pans will reduce cooking times and cook food more evenly.
Using the Proper Cookware
Check for flatness by rotating a ruler across the bottom of the cookware.
- Flat bottom and straight sides
- Tight fitting lids
- Weight of the handle does not tilt the pan
- Pan is well balanced
- Pan size matches the amount of food to be prepared and the size of the surface element
- Made of a material that conducts heat well
- Always match the pot diameter to the element surface diameter
- Curved and warped pan bottoms
- Pan overhands element by more than a half inch
- Pan is smaller than element
- Heavy handle tilts pan
Choosing the Proper Cookware
What your cookware is made of determines how evenly and quickly heat is transferred from the surface element to the pan bottom.
- ALUMINUM - Excellent heat conductor. Some types of food will cause the aluminum to darken (Anodized aluminum cookware resists staining and pitting). If aluminum pans are slid across the ceramic cooktop, they may leave metal marks that resemble scratches. Remove these marks as soon as the cooktop cools down.
- COPPER - Excellent heat conductor but discolors easily. May leave metal marks on ceramic glass.
- STAINLESS STEEL - Slow heat conductor with uneven cooking results. It is durable, easy to clean, and resists staining.
- CAST IRON - A poor conductor; retains heat very well. Cooks evenly once cooking temperature is reached. Not recommended for use on ceramic cooktops.
- ENAMELWARE - Heating characteristics will vary depending on the base material. Porcelain enamel coating must be smooth to avoid scratching ceramic cooktops.
- Glass - Slow heat conductor. Not recommended for ceramic cooktop surfaces because it may scratch the surface.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.