How do I Perform a Factory Reset on My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1? (SM-T587P)
Your device lets you perform a factory reset to delete all of your personal information from the device (the microSD card is not affected). This feature lets you ensure your data is removed before sending the device in for replacement or repair, properly disposing it, or giving it to a friend or family member.
Performing a Factory Reset
Your personal information cannot be recovered after using this feature. Please save any information you need prior to using this feature.
Formatting your microSD card will remove all personal information from the card. This information cannot be recovered.
- Navigate to and touch Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Review the information provided. Then, touch RESET DEVICE.
- If you have a security lock set on the device, you will be prompted to enter the lock information before proceeding.
- To delete all information and downloaded apps, touch DELETE ALL.
The process may take a few minutes while your device removes your personal data and restores the Android platform to its original state.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*