How do I Use the Quick Connect Feature to Connect My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? (SM-T818V)
Quick connect simplifies sharing content and even your screen with other devices. Quick connect will also use the Bluetooth feature, Wi-Fi Direct, or Screen Mirroring, depending on the type of content being shared and whether the other device has Quick connect installed.
When Quick connect is turned on, other devices will be able to see your device and send sharing requests.
Finding a Nearby Device
If the device you want to connect to does not automatically display:
- Make sure the device you want to connect to is turned on and the screen is awake.
- Turn on Quick connect from the Notification Panel.
If Quick connect is not installed, check the following settings:
- Make sure the device you are connecting to has the Bluetooth feature turned on and the Bluetooth visibility is set to be visible to all nearby devices.
- Make sure both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- To use Screen Mirroring, turn on Screen Mirroring on both devices.
Sharing Content with Quick Connect
- To open the Notification Panel, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch Quick connect.
- Touch START.
- Touch the device you want to connect to.
- Touch Share content.
- Touch the desired content type. For this example, touch Image.
- Select the picture(s) you want to share. Then, touch DONE.
- The device you are sharing with will be asked to DECLINE or ACCEPT the files.
- After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can be accessed from the app in which they are used, such as the Gallery app. You can also access them from the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen and touching the File received notification.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*