How to Add a Card to Samsung Pay on the Samsung Gear S3 (SM-R760, SM-R765, SM-R770)
Screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Follow the steps below to add a payment card to Samsung Pay on Gear S3. Payment cards set up in Samsung Pay on your mobile device do not transfer automatically to Samsung Pay on Gear S3. They must be added separately.
Please be sure that the phone and Gear S3 have stable network connection. An unstable network or firewall can cause problems adding cards and setup.
- On your mobile device, from the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Gear.
The Samsung Gear app may be located in the Samsung folder by default on some devices.
- Touch the SETTINGS tab.
- Touch to open Samsung Pay on Gear companion app.
- Touch the ADD CARD icon to scan your card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date.
Touch Enter card manually if your device cannot detect the card information.
- Enter any incomplete information and touch NEXT.
- Enter the billing address associated with your card and touch NEXT.
- Review the terms of service and touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and touch SUBMIT.
- Sign your name in the field and touch SAVE.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by the payment card network and the card issuer. On average, verification will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.