Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung Pay In-App Purchases
Users may be required to download / update latest version of apps to be able to use Samsung pay as previous version of merchant apps are not integrated with samsung pay and therefore checkout screen will not show samsung pay option.
Can I use Samsung Pay for In-App purchases?
- Yes, as of version 2.5, you can now make In-App purchases with Samsung Pay when supported by the merchant app. If it is you’ll see a “Samsung Pay” button in the merchant app screen at checkout. Just tap the Samsung Pay button and you will be appropriately transferred to the Samsung Pay app on the same device for payment card selection and authorization.
How do In-App purchases work?
- In-App purchases occur as a payment option after you have shopped for and selected the items that are in your merchant app cart/bag and you’re ready to checkout. At this point, you can opt to use Samsung Pay, if supported by the merchant app, or any other payment method supported by the merchant app. When you choose the former (tapping the Samsung Pay button), Samsung Pay is launched automatically and displays an interactive Payment Sheet. In the Payment Sheet, you’ll make your card selection, verify your billing address, verify/change your shipping address, and authorize payment with a fingerprint/Iris scan or by entering your Samsung Pay PIN.
Can I use any of my credit and debit cards enrolled in Samsung Pay for In-App payments?
- Yes, in accordance with the credit limit/balance restrictions imposed by the card issuer.
Are my In-App purchases secure?
- Yes, In-App purchases made with Samsung Pay are just as secure as in-store purchases made with Samsung Pay. In fact, both InApp and in-store purchases made with Samsung Pay are more secure than swiping a conventional plastic card at the point of sale.
Can I add a card for In-App payment?
- Yes, enroll new cards issued by Samsung Pay's partner financial institutions by launching Samsung Pay and tapping ADD. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
Can I use a gift card stored in Samsung Pay for In-App payment?
- In-App payment using gift cards is not currently supported by Samsung Pay.
Can I make a split payment using Samsung Pay?
- Splitting a payment using more than one card is not currently supported.
Which devices running Samsung Pay support In-App payments?
- The current list of supporting devices can be found at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-pay. However, devices in this list running Android L (5.0) or earlier versions of the Android OS do not support In-App payments.
I'm a merchant. How do I go about changing my existing merchant app to accept Samsung Pay?
- Contact your Samsung Relationship Manager directly or visit http://www.samsung.com/us/business/discover/samsung-pay/.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.