Performing a Recovery on Your Chromebook Plus
If a problem occurs with your Chromebook, you can use the Recovery function to restore your Chromebook. Make sure to back up all your files and data before restoring your Chromebook. To download the recovery app, click here.
Create Recovery Image
To create a recovery image, you will need:
• A USB flash drive or SD card that can hold at least 4 GB, and that you don't mind erasing.
• An extra computer with administrative rights and the Chrome browser installed.
- On the working computer, install the recovery app. Then, open the app.
- Select Get started.
- Enter the model code of your Chromebook. Then, select Continue.
You can also browse through different manufacturers and their products.
- Insert the USB flash drive or SD card.
- Select the dropdown menu. Then, select your flash drive/SD card.
- Select Create now.
- When you receive a notification stating that the recovery media is ready, remove your flash drive/SD card.
Make sure to remove any devices connected to your Chromebook before continuing.
- To enter Recovery mode on your Chromebook, press and hold Esc + Refresh (F4). Then, press the Power button.
- When prompted, insert the flash drive/SD card with the recovery image.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.