Changing Keyboard Settings on Your Galaxy Tab S3
Configure your device keyboard settings.
Samsung Keyboard Settings
Configure options for using the Samsung keyboard.
Navigate to Apps > Settings.
Touch Search, then search for and select Samsung Keyboard.
The following options are available:
- Language and types: Choose which languages are available on the keyboard. Touch Manage Input Languages to add languages to the keyboard. To switch between languages, slide the space bar sideways.
- Smart typing: Select smart features to assist your typing.
Customization: Adjust the keyboard's size, feedback, and visibility settings.
- Predictive text: Allow Predictive text to suggest words matching your text entries and completing common words automatically. Predictive text can learn your personal writing style from your contacts, messages, Gmail, and social networking sites — improving its accuracy of predicting your text entries.
- Auto replace: Automatically replace misspelled words.
- Auto check spelling: Check spelling as you type.
- Auto capitalize: Automatically capitalize the first letter of each sentence.
- Auto spacing: Automatically insert spaces between words.
- Auto punctuate: Automatically insert a full stop by touching the space bar twice.
- Keyboard swipe: Configure keyboard swipe to type by sliding your finger across the keyboard.
- Keyboard layout: A keyboard appears automatically when you enter text to send messages, create notes, and more.
- Key-tap feedback: Configure feedback features for typing.
- Sound: Play a sound when you touch a key.
- Character preview: Show a big character bubble when a key is touched.
- Other settings: Configure other keyboard settings.
- Reset settings: Reset all settings for the Samsung keyboard.
Switching Keyboard Input Language
Launch Samsung keyboard by touching in any available text field.
Touch and slide the Space bar side to side to select your preferred keyboard input language.
Enable Handwriting Recognition
Launch Samsung keyboard by touching in any available text field. Touch and hold next to the Space bar to view a list of symbols and options, and then select Handwriting Text Input .
Hand write your text into the text field.
Switch back to keyboard input by selecting Keyboard text input .
Google Voice Typing
Google voice typing is a feature that allows you to enter text using your voice.
Touch and hold Settings on the on-screen keyboard.
Touch Microphone on the on-screen keyboard.
Touch Keyboard input to switch back to keyboard input.
When you see the microphone image, speak what you want to type.
Say “comma,” “period,” “question mark,” “exclamation mark,” or “exclamation point” to enter punctuation.
When you pause, what you spoke is transcribed by the speech-recognition service and entered in the text field, underlined.
You can touch and highlight any word(s) or phrase and touch Delete to erase the underlined text. If you start typing or entering more text by speaking, the underline disappears.
Touch Speak now to continue typing.
To enable and edit the Google voice typing settings, follow these instructions:
Navigate to Apps > Settings.
Touch Search, then search for and select Google voice typing.
Following options are available to customize.
- Languages: Choose a language for voice searching.
- "Ok Google" detection: Say “OK Google” to launch voice search from the search app.
- Hands-free: Allow Bluetooth and wired headset requests when the phone is locked.
- Speech output: Choose options for speech output.
- Offline speech recognition: Download speech recognition, to enable voice input while offline.
- Block offensive words: When enabled, offensive words are not shown in Google voice searches. Offensive words are replaced in results with a placeholder (####).
- Bluetooth headset: When enabled, audio is recorded when using an optional Bluetooth headset (not included).
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.