What to do when Your TV Will Not Power On
If your TV isn't powering on, scroll through the guide below to find out if there's an easy fix you can do yourself, or if it will require a technician's assistance.
TV Will Not Power On
- Press the power button on the TV.
- If the TV powers on, the remote is causing the issue. Change the batteries and make sure the IR receiver isn't blocked.
- If the TV does not power on, continue to step 2.
- Check the status of the Standby light.
- If the Standby Light is on, the TV is receiving power, but if it does not respond to the Remote Control or the Power button, it will require service
- If the Standby Light is off, continue to step 3.
- Press any button on the Remote or TV, except for Power.
- If anything appears on the screen, the TV is working. Check the signal source (Gaming console, Blu-ray player, etc.) to resolve the issue.
- If nothing appears, continue to step 4.
- Check the TV's power connections.
- Make sure the outlet the TV is using is working.
If a different device is already plugged into the same outlet and is still operational, you know the outlet is working. If the outlet is not working, check your home's electrical breaker box for tripped circuits, or call an electrician.
- Make sure the cable is plugged into the wall outlet and back of the TV securely.
- If the TV is using a power strip, bypass the power strip and go directly to the wall outlet.
- Inspect the power cord for any tears or cuts.
If everything with the power cord and outlet is working, then an internal component in the TV has failed, please contact us.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.