Charging the Gear VR
Your phone uses more power when it is connected to Gear VR. That's why you always want to start with a fully charged battery. Here are some suggestions we put together for maximizing your battery life.
Reduce Battery Consumption
Your mobile device provides options that help you conserve battery power. By customizing these options and turning off features in the background, you can use the device and your Gear VR longer between charges:
- Do not use Live wallpapers.
Live wallpapers are richer, animated, interactive backgrounds.
- Turn off the Bluetooth feature.
- Turn off Wi-Fi.
- Turn off the GPS service.
- Turn off the mobile data connection.
- Turn off auto-syncing of accounts.
- Turn off the Smart features.
- Decrease the backlight time (timeout settings).
- Decrease the brightness of the display, or use Automatic brightness.
- Turn off haptic feedback.
Best Practices for Battery Charging
The following guidelines can help you charge your battery properly and safely:
- Verify that you are using the supplied Samsung USB/charging cable and wall charger, not third-party accessories.
- Make sure the USB/charging cable is connected securely and is not being blocked by a cover or a case.
- Check whether a battery or charging indicator appears on the device's display when the USB/charging cable is plugged in.
- Charge using a wall outlet, not a computer.
- When the battery is fully charged, disconnect the device from the USB/charging cable.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*