Clean the Outside of Your Family Hub Refrigerator
It's hard to keep your hands off the Family Hub refrigerator. After all, one of the doors is mostly a touchscreen. The beautiful finish doesn't help either!
• Do not spray water or cleaner directly on the surface. Instead, apply cleaner to a cloth and then clean the surface.
• Never use steel wool or bleach. If you do, you can damage the finish and rust will form.
• If the unit is on a tile floor, do not use grout cleaners that contain muriatic acid. The fumes alone can damage the stainless finish.
Maintain the Stainless Steel
Cleaning the Stainless Steel
• Always read the manufacturer's instructions and cautions carefully and test the product in an inconspicuous area before use.
• Even if a product is labeled, "for use on stainless steel," verify that it is low in chlorides and does not contain any bleach.
Wet a microfiber cloth using mild dish soap and warm water.
Before cleaning the surface, carefully examine the grain and determine its direction. Going against the grain or cleaning in circles will damage the stainless steel.
In the example below, the horizontal direction of the grain is easily noticeable. Please look carefully before cleaning.
Squeeze out extra moisture from the cloth and gently wipe away fingerprints and stains.
Using a dry microfiber cloth, wipe any moisture off the stainless steel.
For extra protection, apply a couple drops of olive oil or baby oil on a microfiber cloth and use it to coat the stainless steel. Once applied, use a dry cloth to remove any extra oil on the surface.
To remove scratches, you can use non-abrasive cleaning agent like Bar Keeper's Friend or a whitening toothpaste. Apply a small amount of the cleaner to a microfiber cloth and gently wipe the scratches. To finish, use a slightly damp microfiber cloth to remove any residue.
Clean the Family Hub Screen
Just like for the stainless steel surface, do not use ammonia or alcohol-based products. Use a damp microfiber cloth to gently wipe the screen, and then use a dry microfiber cloth to remove any moisture.
Family Hub has a feature to help find dirty spots on the screen to clean them. To access this feature, navigate to Settings > Clean Screen Mode.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.