Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung+
Samsung+ is the go-to destination for Samsung owners, providing personalized, live expert support right on your Galaxy device. It empowers you to get more out of your Samsung ownership, with a vast library of tips & tricks, and self-support tools to keep your device running like the day you got it. Plus insider access to Samsung’s products and services, and valuable content you won’t find anywhere else.
- Samsung+ looks a lot like Owner's Hub. What's the difference between them?
After updating Owner's Hub to Samsung+ on my smartphone, the app crashed when I tried to launch it. I am running Android 4.2.2.
- Samsung+ is the new, renamed version of Owner's Hub. The apps are very similar, but there are some improvements over the old app. Some of the differences include; enhanced first run experience with videos, integrated workshop scheduling, live video chat allowing face-to-face assistance, added links to Live Help in support articles, name and logo changes, and other changes.
Can I access the promotions on the Galaxy Gear smartwatch?
- If you are running Android OS 4.2.2, you will encounter this issue whether you are updating Samsung+ or installing it for the first time. In either case, you need to upgrade your Android OS to version 4.4 (KitKat) or newer. This is an issue specific to devices running version 4.2.2, and the issue is resolved upon upgrading the OS. To determine the OS version on your device, go to Settings > General > About device, and note the Android version.
Does Samsung+ provide parental controls?
- No, the offers can only be accessed on the devices listed under 'Which Galaxy devices can run Samsung+?'
Does Samsung+ require any sign in?
- No, there are no parental controls regarding which promotions are downloaded.
Can I use Samsung+ while using other apps?
- Yes, Samsung+ requires that the device be signed into a Samsung account so that it can provide customized offers. Once you sign in the first time from the device, it is automatically signed in thereafter.
Can I access Samsung+ on multiple Galaxy devices at the same time?
- Yes, Samsung+ can be used while other apps are running.
Can I share Samsung+ offers with others?
- Yes, you can access your Samsung+ information on multiple Galaxy devices associated with the same Samsung account. However, you can only download each offer to one device. Alternatively, you can register each device with a separate Samsung account.
In which countires and regions is Samsung+ supported?
- Offers can only be downloaded once per Samsung account. If you download an offer on one device, then all devices associated with that Samsung account will show that offer as redeemed.
What is the benefit to enabling location services? Will that information be shared?
- Samsung+ is supported only for devices that are designed for and used in the U.S.A.
How do I find information about my device?
- Indicating location tells Samsung+ more about what is available in your area, allowing Samsung+ to tailor your offers to your interests. Your preferences information will not be shared.
Will I be charged for any downloads?
- The Support module offers powerful tools for finding information about your device (or any other device). The module consists of three sections: Live Help, Search, and Categories (Browse).
How long do the offers remain available?
- Offers are typically free, although Samsung may choose at times to include discounts as offers. Any associated costs will be clearly indicated.
There may be carrier costs associated with downloading offers if the data plan is exceeded.
Is there a limit on the number of offers I can accept per day?
- Each offer will indicate how long it is available. The offers are customized to the device and are replaced by new offers at varying times, so check back often to see the latest available. To save an offer for later, tap the Bookmark icon. The offer will be stored in Favorites.
Where on the device are the offers being downloaded?
- There is no limit on how many offers can be accepted in any time period; all the offers that show as available in Samsung+ can be accepted within the same day.
- Offers are saved to your Favorites folder when you designate them as Favorites. To access the Favorites folder, tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen, then tap Favorites.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.