Frequently Asked Questions About Find My Mobile
General Questions about Find My Mobile
How can I access Find My Mobile?
The Find My Mobile service is accessible via desktop or mobile web browsers. Just log into your Samsung account on the Find My Mobile website and you will be able to control your device remotely if it is detected.
How do I set up Find My Mobile for the first time?
To use the Find My Mobile service for the first time, you must register your Samsung account on your phone, and turn on the Remote controls settings.
Note: The Find My Mobile service allows you to access any of your device's functions remotely via the website. To use this service, the Remote controls option must be activated on your device. To track your device's location, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Use of Wireless Networks (Google's Location Services), which uses Wi-Fi and/or mobile networks.
How can I check if my device is registered?
- Sign into the Find My Mobile website with the same Samsung account that's on your device. If your phone is registered, you will see the list of registered devices along with their status information.
What can I control from the Find My Mobile website?
- Once you are logged into the Find My Mobile service, you can check the connection status and the Remote controls options available for your device. Some of these include locking your device or extending its battery life. Remote access is available only on network-connected devices that have Remote controls turned on.
What does the Lock feature do?
What does the Extend battery life feature do?
- The Extend battery life feature turns on Max power saving mode, which saves battery power by reducing screen brightness and disabling some apps and functionality.
Is the Extend battery life feature available on all devices?
- For phones and tablets, the Extend battery life feature is available on most newer models. It is not available on the Gear or Galaxy Watch.
Can I use Find My Mobile for multiple devices?
- Yes, you can use the Find My Mobile service for multiple devices that are registered with the same Samsung account.
Why do I need a nickname for my device?
- If you have registered multiple devices to one Samsung account, you can give each of them nicknames so you can easily tell them apart.
Will Find My Mobile work on a device that is offline?
- Even when your device is out of network range, you can still use the Find My Mobile service. Any functions you have activated will run normally once your device connects to a network. However, it will not be detected if the phone is shut off.
How do I stop using Find My Mobile?
- To stop using the service, simply turn off the Remote control option. You can also delete the Samsung account.
How can I deregister my device from Find My Mobile?
There are two ways to deregister from the Find My Mobile service. If you still have the device, you can simply remove your Samsung account.
If you no longer have your device, you can deregister by accessing the Find My Mobile website, and selecting your desired device from the Registered Devices list. Select More Options next to the device and select Remove. Read the info and then select REMOVE.
Note: If you deregister your device, you will no longer be able to control it remotely via Find My Mobile, unless you sign in with a Samsung account again.
Can I still use Find My Mobile after performing a factory reset?
- You can no longer use the Find My Mobile service once you perform a factory reset because the phone's memory will be completely wiped.
Do I need a Google account to use Find My Mobile?
- No, you do not need a Google account on most newer device models. However, you will need one if you are using Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or below.
Troubleshooting for Find My Mobile
I'm locked out of my phone. Is there a way to unlock it?
Can I unlock my device without my PIN?
- If you have forgotten your PIN code used to lock your device from the Find My Mobile web page, please apply the "Lock my device" feature again, set up a new PIN code, and give the command to lock your screen again. After the process is complete, please use this new PIN code to unlock your screen.
None of the Find My Mobile features are working.
- To use the different Find My Mobile features, your device must be connected to a network. Also, some features may not work if the device is off.
After resetting my device, the setup wizard is asking for my Samsung account information.
- If you reset your device with Reactivation lock activated, you will be asked to log into your Samsung account again by the Setup Wizard. This is an authentication procedure. Setup will discontinue if you fail to log in.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.