Frequently Asked Questions About Game Recorder
Common questions about Game Recorder.
- What games can I record?
- Games from Galaxy Apps and Google Play are supported. If you do not see any of the games you have installed, you can manually register games from the list of installed apps and then record them. However, you cannot record games for which recording has been disabled at the developer's request or applications that are not games.
- How do I record a game?
You can record a game in the following two ways.
Recording via Game Recorder+:
- Press the red Record button at the bottom of the Home screen.
- Select the game that you want to record from among the games installed and run the game.
- While playing the game, press the Record button to start recording the section that you want to record.
- Press the Record button again to end recording.
Recording Directly Within the Game:
- If you set 'ON' in Settings > Quick record (set by default), the Record button will appear automatically every time you run the game so that you can record it.
- Where are recorded game video games saved?
- The recorded game videos will be saved in Game Recorder+ and arranged in chronological order on the main page of Game Recorder+. In order to save a recorded game video outside of Game Recorder+, choose the video and press the Send to gallery button to save it in the GameRecorder folder. The externally saved game videos can be viewed in the GameRecorder folder of the gallery of your mobile phone.
- Which devices support Game Recorder?
- You can record on any Samsung GALAXY smartphone that runs Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- What is the Game Boost feature?
- Game Boost is a feature that optimizes system resources to provide smoother game play. Game Boost optimizes system resources by terminating applications not in use.
- What is the button that appears when I run a game?
- Game Recorder+ displays the Record button at the start of a game so that you can record the game easily. If you want to stop this feature, disable it in Settings > Quick record.
- Recording stopped due to lack of space.
- Delete unused applications or videos saved within Game Recorder+ to free up space.
- Can I record only sound from a game?
- If you select Game Audio in menu under Settings > Audio settings, the sound from within the game will be recorded without any external noise.
- How can I share a recording with a friend?
- You can share videos via YouTube or other social networks by pressing the Share button on the video that you want to share.
- I want to prevent a game I developed from being recorded.
- Send us the game title and the store information where the game was registered via Contact us. To receive replies, please enter the primary email address you used to register with the store. Once the authentication has been completed with the primary email address, we will take measures to prevent your game from being recorded.
How would you like to contact us?
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with new/existing order
(1-855-726-8721) Samsung experts standing by 8 am to 12 am EST, 7 days a week
Give us a call Speak directly with a Samsung Pro or schedule a time for us to call you
General Mon-Fri: 8am- 12 am (EST) Sat-Sun:9am - 11 pm (EST) 1-800-726-7864
Mobile Mon - Sun: 12am - 12 pm 1-800-726-7864
Home Appliances Sat-Sun:9am -6pm(EST) 1-800-726-7864