Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about Samsung Care Authorized Service Provider, uBreakiFix. Find out which services are available, which devices are covered and where to find a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store.
About the partnership
1. What does the Samsung and uBreakiFix partnership entail?
- The partnership brings same-day, in-person support to more than 300 Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix stores nationwide, and will continue to grow. - The majority of Samsung Galaxy device owners are able to get authorized support in two hours or less – from screen repairs, to maintenance and software troubleshooting. - Our goal is to provide Samsung device owners with a care-first experience that is as innovative as our products.
2. Why has Samsung selected uBreakiFix for its partnership?
- Samsung is committed to providing a customer-first care experience to our customers, with support anywhere, anytime, anyhow they’d like. - The partnership with uBreakiFix allows Samsung Galaxy device owners to get a Samsung Care Authorized repair and same-day support at more than 300 stores nationwide.
3. What is a Samsung Care Authorized Service Provider, and what are the benefits?
Samsung Care Authorized Service Providers have gone through the official Samsung Authorization process and meet our highest quality standards for repair. When you visit a Samsung Care Authorized Service Provider, you are guaranteed genuine parts, and same-day repairs by certified pros using official Samsung repair tools. Non-authorized repairs could void your warranty.
4. How do I find a Samsung Care Authorized uBeakiFix store?
Check our store locator and use your zip code to find the closest Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store near you.
5. Are all uBreakiFix stores Samsung Care Authorized Service Providers?
Not all uBreakiFix stores are Samsung Care Authorized Service Providers. Use our store locator to find a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store near you.
About the repairs
6. What Samsung phones can uBreakiFix repair as a Samsung Care Authorized Service Provider?
Models & Carriers Supported: - Galaxy S6 | Galaxy S6 Edge | Galaxy S6 Edge + | Note5 | Galaxy S7 | Galaxy S7 Edge | Galaxy S8 | Galaxy S8+ | Note8 | Galaxy S9 | Galaxy S9+ Unsupported Devices: - Any device not specifically listed above
7. What services are offered at uBreakiFix?
- Software assistance - Cracked screen repairs - Device configuration - General troubleshooting - Device repair
8. What is an in-warranty repair?
A device is eligible for in-warranty service during Samsung’s manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty period and if the eligible repair is the result of a defect in materials or workmanship. Repairs will be performed at no charge during the warranty period.
9. What is an out-of-warranty repair?
An out-of-warranty repair occurs after the expiration of Samsung’s manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty period, or is the result of a condition not specifically covered by Samsung’s written warranty. For example, an out-of-warranty repair includes, but is not limited to, any repair needed as a result of physical damage for such things as a drop, or fall, or any condition not deemed a manufacturing defect. Liquid damage, corrosion, and damage caused by unauthorized repairs are also considered out-of-warranty, and are not eligible for same-day repair at a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix location.
10. My Samsung phone is not working and it’s still in-warranty, can uBreakiFix repair my phone under its original warranty?
If your device needs an eligible repair under the manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty, Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix stores can perform in-warranty repairs. All uBreakiFix stores found on the store locator have been authorized by Samsung.
11. If my phone is in-warranty, but my screen is cracked, is that an in-warranty repair?
If your screen is cracked due to a drop, fall or any condition not deemed a manufacturing defect, the repair will be out-of-warranty; however the cracked screen is still eligible for repair at a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store. Additionally, if your cracked screen is repaired at a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store, the repair is warranted for 90 days or for the remainder of the manufacturer’s warranty, whichever is longer.
12. My screen is cracked; can uBreakiFix repair my Samsung phone screen?
Yes, a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store can repair cracked screens using Samsung genuine parts.
13. If uBreakiFix repairs my phone, how long is the repair warranted for by Samsung?
All repairs assume the remaining original warranty, or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer.
14. How do I get my phone repaired at uBreakiFix?
Check our store locator or call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG to find a Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store near you.
15. Do I need to make an appointment to visit uBreakiFix?
Scheduling an appointment is not required, although it is highly recommended. You can schedule an appointment by visiting our store locator. Find the closest Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store, and select ‘Schedule an appointment today’ to be directed to the store’s availability.
16. How much will it cost to repair my Samsung phone at uBreakiFix?
A variety of repairs are available through uBreakiFix. Contact your closest Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix store to obtain a repair estimate.