Experience The Galaxy J Series
Incredible functionality is at your fingertips with the Samsung Galaxy J5 and J7. Enjoy exceptional pictures and videos with crystal-clear 5.0” / 5.5” Super AMOLED screens outstanding hardware performance and versatile cameras.
Stunning Viewing Experience
With its Super AMOLED display, the Samsung Galaxy J series allows you to enjoy a more vivid and richer media experience than ever before. Upgrade your photo-viewing, video-watching and gameplay sessions with rich, true-to-life colour reproduction and an exceptional contrast ratio for deeper blacks.
Enjoy faster web browsing, gaming, and HD video viewing, as well as effortless and lag-free multitasking thanks to the Galaxy J series’ powerful processors.
Get brighter, clearer photos and videos with the Galaxy J series’ 13 MP rear camera and f / 1.9 aperture. Use its built-in front camera flash to take bright snaps even in low light conditions.
The Galaxy J series’ quick launch functionality makes accessing your camera easier than ever. Simply press the home button twice to enjoy quick and direct camera access. Never miss out on another photo opportunity with this convenient feature. * Camera launch times subject to minor variations.
Smart Manager lets you check and manage a range of essential information on your Galaxy J series, including battery status, storage space, memory stats and much more. With a few easy touches, you can close unused apps, improve battery and RAM performance, delete unused files and run antivirus checks.
More Battery Power
Get the most out of the Galaxy J series’ high capacity battery. Enjoy a variety of media contents, including movies, music games and web use for longer than ever – without the need to worry about your battery.
Ultra Power Saving Mode
No need to worry if you notice your battery running low thanks to the Galaxy J series’ Ultra Power Saving Mode. Cut down on battery consumption by shutting down unnecessary functions on your device and switching the screen to a battery-saving monochrome mode. For extra power – when you need it most.
- CPU Speed 1.2GHz
- CPU Type Quad-Core
- Size (Main Display) 5.0" (126.3mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 720 x 1280 (HD)
- Technology (Main Display) Super AMOLED
- Color Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support No
- Rear Camera - Resolution CMOS 13.0 MP
- Rear Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution CMOS 5.0 MP
- Rear Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- RAM Size (GB) 1.5 GB
- ROM Size (GB) 8 *
- Available Memory (GB)* 4.3 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 128GB)
- Multi-SIM Dual-SIM
- SIM size Micro-SIM (3FF)
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B3(1800), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B20(800)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.1
- NFC No
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Color BLACK
- Form Factor Touch Bar
- Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 142.1 x 71.8 x 7.9
- Weight (g) 146
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 9
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 9
- Internet Usage Time (Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 11
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 13
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 2600
- Removable Yes
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 62
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 18
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and Applications
- Wearable Device Support Gear Circle (Manager Support)
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
Images are for illustration purposes only and the accessories are sold separately.
Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification and may vary per country, please check in store for more details.
Dimension: Size and weight may vary by the device's configuration and manufacturing process.
Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners.
Network band: The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider.
Memory size: User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the phones features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the mobile phone operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
*External Memory may be used to store media (photos, video, and music files) but application storage on external device may be limited or unavailable on certain handset models.
*Features - Some Samsung Health/Fitness applications and related software is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
*Data - Internet connection required. Data and subscription charges may apply. Content subject to availability in country.
Notice to our customers - safe battery use
(certain Mobile devices don’t have removable back covers and customer removable batteries - In this case the battery is a Service replaceable part and not a customer replaceable part and special tools are required).
In case of repair, Devices without removable batteries should be booked with a Samsung Authorised Service Centre. Please purchase Samsung-branded batteries from reputable and approved sellers to ensure the batteries are not counterfeit.
Use only Samsung-approved accessories. Using unapproved accessories will not be covered by the warranty, and may cause performance problems and malfunctions as well as damage the device.
*Key feature may different from Key Spec
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider.
Galaxy J5 (Dual Sim) (SM-J500FZKDXFA)
2016.09.21User Manual(Marshmallow) ver 1.0
2016.07.01User Manual(Marshmallow) ver 1.0
2016.06.15User Manual(Marshmallow) ver 1.0
(ENGLISH, ENGLISH(M.E Asia), FRENCH(M.E.Asia), ARABIC, PERSIAN, FRENCH, HEBREW, TURKISH, URDU)
2015.08.26User Manual(Lollipop) ver 1.0
2015.08.06User Manual(Lollipop) ver 1.1
2015.08.06User Manual(Lollipop) ver 1.1