Samsung Care+ (SC+) Service Plan Terms and Conditions
This is a Service Contract and not a contract of insurance.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS SUPPLEMENTARY TO THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, BUT PROVIDES ADDITIONAL BENEFITS DURING AND AFTER THE TERM OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY. EVENTS COVERED BY THE MANUFACTURER DURING THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PERIOD ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS SERVICE CONTRACT.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS APPLICABLE TO COVERED DEVICES PURCHASED AS FROM 1 NOVEMBER 2018.
“You/Your” means the owner of the Plan Device under this Service Contract.
Service Contract Administrator
The Service Contract Administrator is Worldwide Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd which is the entity responsible for the administration of this Service Contract.
The Service Contract (“Plan”)
This Service Contract governs the hardware services provided to you by Samsung Electronics South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Samsung”) under this Plan for a Samsung product purchased in its original packaging (“Plan Device”) from Samsung or its nominated points of sale offering the Plan and listed on your confirmation document (“Plan Confirmation”).
If you do not register for the Plan at the time of purchase of the Plan Device, you will still enjoy a 30 day registration period in which you may register your device for the SC+ benefit. If during this 30 day period you do not register for the Plan, then you will not be eligible for the benefit.
When Plan Commences and Ends
The Plan must be purchased within the first 30 days from purchase. The Plan begins retroactively from the date of purchase. The Plan ends a maximum of twenty-four (24) months from the commencement date (“Plan Term”). Your Plan Confirmation will be sent to you via email. The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Service Contract. A separate Plan must be purchased for each Plan Device.
What is covered
Samsung Care+ (SC+)
If during the Plan Term you notify Samsung that the Plan Device has suffered a screen damage and/or back glass damage caused through accidental damage (“Accidental Damage”), Samsung will, subject to the Repair Fee described below, accept the risk of such damage and repair the damaged screen and/ or back glass and will replace the battery using new and original Samsung parts (known as a “Repair”). Our obligations will expire and all of Samsung’s obligations to you under this Plan will be entirely fulfilled before the end of the Plan Term when Samsung has provided to you two (2) repairs, as a result of claims. The repair frequency is limited to one (1) repair each twelve (12) month period of the twenty-four (24) month Plan Term. Repairs and battery replacement only applies to an operational or mechanical failure caused by an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g. device drop) that arises during your normal daily usage of the Plan Device. Repairs do not include protection against normal wear and tear, theft, misplacement, reckless, abusive, wilful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the Plan Device, protection against any other act or result not covered by the Plan, or any resultant damage to the Plan Device or loss that arises from one or more conditions described.
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy Note8
Samsung Galaxy Note9
You will pay a R1,000 Repair Fee for each front glass claim, and You will pay a R300 Repair Fee for each back glass claim.
You may be asked to provide an explanation of where and when the event occurred with a detailed description of the event. A repair will be denied if you fail to pay the service fee or fail to provide information relating to the accident when asked.
This Service Contract will take effect immediately on the date of purchase of the Plan Device and will cover Your Device up to the end date on the Plan Confirmation Document or until cancelled by either You or Samsung.
Service Plan Fee
Means the once off consideration set out on the Samsung website paid by You for this Service Contract. The Service Fee may be paid in one lump sum or in monthly payments via EFT or debit order as required by us.
What is not covered
Samsung Care+ (SC+) repairs are restricted to Plan Devices purchased from Samsung or any authorized sales distributor. Plan Devices purchased second hand or from countries outside of South African borders are not eligible for SC+.
- The Plan does not apply to installation, removal or disposal of the Plan Device, or providing substitute equipment while the Plan Device is being serviced.
- The Plan does not include or make any provision for a loan unit whilst the Plan Device is being assessed or repaired.
- The Plan does not apply to damage caused to a device that is not the Plan Device.
- This Plan does not cover abuse or misuse of the Plan Device.
- This Plan does not cover fire, earthquake or other external causes.
- This Plan does not cover operating the Plan Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer.
- The Plan does not apply to a Plan Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or a Plan Device has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the manufacturer.
- The Plan does not apply to a Plan Device that is lost or stolen.
- The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Plan Device, including but not limited to scratches and dents, that does not otherwise prevent the functionality of the Plan Device.
- The Plan does not provide preventative or other maintenance on the Plan Device.
- The Plan does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear or which are due to normal aging of the product.
- The Plan does not apply to the battery performance of the Plan Device but the battery will be replaced if the screen is replaced.
- Any claim for repair under this Plan is subject to an internal validity assessment at an Authorised Samsung Service Centre.
- The Plan applies to front and/or back glass damage only, i.e. LCD, back cover glass only. Any other parts requiring replacement to return the Plan Device to manufacturing standards is payable by You.
- Any other damage to the Plan Device identified or arising during the repair process is payable by You.
Delays and consequential loss
Samsung will exercise reasonable efforts in providing service under this Service Contract, but will not be liable for any damages arising out of delays; and in no event, will Samsung be liable for any consequential damages whatsoever.
The Plan does not include Technical Support.
How to obtain Repair Support
To obtain this SC+ Repair Support, you can contact the Administrator and/or deliver the Plan Device to a Samsung Authorized Service Centre (to find the nearest ASC refer to www.samsung.com/za). You need to keep your Plan Confirmation document and the original sales receipt for your Plan Device, because they will be required if there is any question as to your eligibility for repairs.
To receive support under the Plan, you agree to comply with each of the terms listed below:
- You will provide your Plan Confirmation document and a copy of your Plan Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested.
- You will provide information about the accidental damage event involving the Plan Device.
- You will respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Plan Device’s serial number and model.
- You will follow the instructions your Administrator gives you, including but not limited to refraining from booking in products and accessories at the Samsung ASC Authorised Service Centre under this Plan that are not subject to a repair.
- You will ensure that your Service Fee is paid up to date and no balance is outstanding and if you fail to do so you will not be entitled to the Repair Service.
- Your Repair Fee must be paid within 30 days of your Plan Device repair submission to the repair centre or your right to repairs will lapse.
Ineligible for repairs
This Service Contract does not provide any repair, service for property held in inventory or property held as Your stock in trade. Enrolment in this Service Contract is only available for new communications Plan Devices under manufacturer’s warranty.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SAMSUNG AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER OF THE PLAN DEVICE FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF DATA OR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SAMSUNG’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE LIMIT OF SAMSUNG’S AND ITS EMPLOYEES’ AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID FOR THE PLAN. SAMSUNG SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR THE PLAN DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
You may cancel this Plan at any time for any reason. If you decide to cancel this Plan, you may contact the Administrator in writing with your Plan Number. You must send a copy of the Plan’s original proof of purchase with your notice. Unless local law provides otherwise, if you cancel within thirty (30) days of your Plan’s purchase, or receipt of this Plan, whichever occurs later, you will receive a full refund less the value of any service provided under the Plan. If you cancel more than thirty (30) days after your receipt of this Plan, you will receive a pro rata refund of the original purchase price less the value of any service provided under the Plan, based on the percentage of unexpired Plan Term from the Plan’s date of purchase. Samsung may cancel this Plan for fraud or material misrepresentation on 20 business days’ notice to you.
Renewal of Plan
Samsung is not obligated to renew this Plan. If Samsung does offer to renew this Plan, it will determine the renewal price and terms failing which the Plan will continue monthly for a fee double the original service fee and the Repair fee will be double.
For monthly term programs, Samsung reserve the right to change the provisions of this Service Contract (including Price and Repair Fee) upon giving You at least forty (40) days’ written notice prior to the date of renewal.
This Service Contract is not transferable by you.
What you must do
In order to keep this Service Contract in force during the Plan term, You must maintain the Plan Device in accordance with the service requirements set forth by the manufacturer’s specifications, including cleaning and maintenance. It is Your responsibility to protect the Plan Device from further damage and comply with the owner’s manual. You must notify the Service Contract Administrator in writing if Your address changes or if you have purchased a new Plan Device.
General Terms and conditions
- Samsung is not responsible for any material failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside Samsung’s reasonable control.
- We will not perform preventative or other maintenance on the Plan Device under the Plan.
- This Plan is offered and valid only in South Africa.
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document.
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan.
For Customer support and general queries, please contact:
Samsung Care Plus (SC+) on:
0861 888 003Email: email@example.com