Fool proof Your Festive Feasts
Samsung’s new home appliances and a bit of forward planning make festive feasts a breeze
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – 07 December 2016 – Summer holiday season should be a time of rest and relaxation for everyone – including the designated cook. With the help of Samsung’s advanced new home appliances and a bit of planning, everyone can enjoy fuss-free festive feasts.
“Samsung’s mission is to make life simpler and more enjoyable by using the most advanced technologies to take the drudgery out of running a home,” says Michael McKechnie, Director of Digital Appliances at Samsung South Africa.
This holiday season, three of Samsung’s favourite new home appliances will relieve consumers from kitchen and laundry duties so they can relax and have a special season with their families ― The large Top Mounted Freezer refrigerator with Twin Cooling Plus, the Convection Microwave Oven with HotBlast technology and the EcoBubble AddWash front-loader washing machine.
Among Samsung’s tips for fuss-free, fool-proof festive feasting are:
· Prepare crisp fried entrees in minutes: coat mushrooms, chili peppers or chunks of cauliflower and broccoli in seasoned batter and deep fry them, or even better – crisp them in the Samsung HotBlast™ Convection Microwave. Its unique SlimFry technology uses just a hint of oil to turn out crunchy golden snacks that taste as good as if they were deep fried.
· Impress your holiday guests by serving no-stress freshly-baked muffins every morning. Simply whip up assorted muffin batters well in advance and freeze these in labelled freezer bags. Defrost in the fridge overnight and the batter will be ready to bake in time for breakfast.
· Ensure a steady supply of festive cookies by preparing simple vanilla cookie dough in advance and freezing rolls of dough wrapped in cling film until needed. Defrost the dough in the fridge overnight, slice off rounds, sprinkle each with cinnamon and sugar and bake.
· Abdicate responsibility for the main course and host a festive braai, or serve up cold cuts instead of the traditional roast. Alternatively, prepare a delicious golden roast in a fraction of the time than that of a conventional oven, by using Samsung’s HotBlast™ Convection Microwave.
· Beat the last-minute rush and ensure you have colourful berries on hand for your festive trifle by freezing fresh berries in advance. Simply rinse, pat dry and spread berries on a baking tray in the freezer. Once they’re frozen solid, store them in a freezer bag until needed. Thaw them in the fridge overnight before using.
· Serve up the simplest, most decadent icy treats this festive season. Simply freeze chunks of peeled banana and whiz them through a blender for the creamiest frozen banana dessert; or mix lemon curd, soaked dried fruit mix or crumbled cookies into softened vanilla ice cream before re-freezing it in a decorative mould. For a cocktail party, try the latest summer trend – Cocktail ice lollies. Simply freeze cocktail blends of your choice in ice lolly moulds and enjoy.
· When the feasting’s over, toss all the table linen into the AddWash Washing Machine and put your feet up, knowing the specialised Ecobubble Soak and Steam Wash technology are taking care of any stains.
For more information about Samsung’s effort-saving home appliance range, visit: http://www.samsung.com/za/consumer/home-appliances/
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.