Samsung Wins Over 100 Awards at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show
38 CES 2016 Innovation Awards and more than 60 Best of CES Honours solidify Samsung’s role as leading technology innovator across multiple categories
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – 15 January, 2016 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, a global leader and innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, announced that it has won more than 100 awards in key categories including Home Entertainment, Home Appliances, Mobile and Internet of Things at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The show is the global meeting place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies.
Organisations and publications at CES continue to recognise Samsung as the leader in the consumer electronics space spanning the Home Entertainment, Mobile and Home Appliance categories.
Among Samsung’s CES 2016 award wins are 38 CES 2016 Innovation Awards, including a Best of Innovations Award in TV. Further building on a momentous year, Samsung was also named the recipient of a number of media and industry awards, selected by organisations in attendance at the event out of more than 3,600 exhibiting companies.
“Samsung continuously endeavours to provide consumers with innovation that matters to help them connect in their busy lives with friends, family, co-workers and even their appliances in meaningful ways,” said Michelle Potgieter, Director of Corporate Marketing and Communications at Samsung South Africa. “It’s an honour to receive recognition both from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and the industry and we can’t wait for the products showcased to be part of a consumer’s everyday life.”
Samsung’s award winning products for 2016 include:
- Samsung’s KS9500 Series Curved SUHD TV, the World’s First Bezel-Less Curved TV, earned Reviewed.com’s 2016 Editors’ Choice award, HD Guru’s CES Top Picks award and TechRadar’s Best of CES award;
- Samsung’s 4-Door Flex Refrigerator with Family Hub received more than eight awards, including Reviewed.com’s 2016 Editors’ Choice award, Men’s Health Best of CES, Tom’s Guide Best of CES for Best Smart Home Device and Mashable’s Best Tech of CES award;
- Samsung’s Front Load Washer with AddWash collected the Reviewed.com Editors’ Choice award;
- Samsung’s Galaxy TabPro S garnered more than 10 wins, including Digital Trends Top Tech of CES, TechRadar’s Best of CES award, Engadget’s Best of CES finalist, PCMag’s Best of CES in the Tablet category and TechnoBuffalo’s Best of CES award;
- Samsung’s new ultra-lightweight Notebook 9 was on TechnoBuffalo’s Best of CES and Pocket-Lint’s Best Laptops and Tablets of CES lists; and
- Samsung’s palm-sized Portable SSD T3 received the Techlicious Best of CES award.
For more information on Samsung at CES 2016, please visit: www.news.samsung.com/ces2016
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies that redefine the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space with the open platform SmartThings, our broad range of smart devices, and through proactive cross-industry collaboration. We employ 319,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, and for the latest news, feature articles and press material, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.