How Do I set up a wired network on my Windows 8 Samsung notebook?
How do I set up a wired network on my Windows 8 Samsung notebook?
Page 1. Connect To A Wired Network
Before You Begin:
This guide explains how to connect your PC to a wired network.
Notes: If you are setting up your router or access point for the first time, be sure to complete the router's or the access point's initial setup before continuing. Consult the documentation that came with your wireless router or access point for information about how to complete the initial setup.
Connecting To Your Network:
To set up an ethernet connection using Windows 8, follow these steps:
- On the Start page, type ncpa.cpl and then press Enter. The network connections dialog appears.
- Right click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
- Under the Networking tab, select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", and then click Properties.
- To use DHCP: On the General tab, select "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". And then Click OK. DHCP is what most home users use to connect to the internet. With DCHP, an IP address is automatically assigned to you by your DHCP Server, Internet Router, or other device.
- To use a Static IP: On the General tab, select "Use the following IP address" and fill in the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default gateway, Preferred DNS server, and Alternative DNS server fields. And then Click OK. Static IP is more commonly used in homes that may have several PCs, or in small office environments. This can become more difficult to use as you increase the number of PCs in your environment. With a Static IP Address, you must enter a specific network address which is supplied to you by your Network Administrator.
- To use both DHCP and Static IP simultaneously: On the Alternate Configuration tab, click User configured and fill in the fields. And then Click OK. Using DHCP and Static IP simultaneously is more commonly seen in an office environment. Its commonly used to allow IP address to be acquired automatically, while being able to reserve Static IP addresses that may or may not be in use.
Important: Do not enter the numbers shown above. They are displayed as examples only. If you need more information, consult the User guide's for your attached network devices, internet provider, or contact your network administrator.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .