No Water Comes Out Of My Water Dispenser. What Can I Do?
No water comes out of my dispenser, What Can I do ?
The failure of a water dispenser to dispense water is usually caused by one of the following conditions:
- You have air in your water line.
- Your refrigerator water line is not turned on.
- Your water filter cartridge needs to be replaced.
Procedures for correcting these conditions and getting your water dispenser working again are listed below:
Air in the Water Line
To clear air out of your water line, press the water dispenser lever for one or two minutes.
Turning on the Water Line
To turn on the water line, follow these steps:
- Carefully pull the refrigerator away from the wall.
- Locate the water connection on the back of the refrigerator
- Trace the line to where it connects to your house water supply.
- Find the small shut off valve at the connection.
- Open the valve andturn the water line on.
Replacing the Water Filter Cartridge
The water filter is located in one of two places in your refrigerator:
- In the upper right of your refrigerator in the back
- Behind the vegetable bin.
To change the water filter, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the water line connected to your refrigerator is turned off at the point where the refrigerator water line connects to your house water supply.
- If your water filter holder is located in the upper right of your refrigerator, removethe top glass shelf from your refrigerator.
- If your water filter holder is located behind the vegetable bin, remove the vegetable bin from your refrigerator.
- Remove the old water filter by turning it counter clockwise 90 degrees until the UNLOCK symbol on the filter lines up with WATER FILTER mark on the filter holder. The UNLOCK symbol looks like an open padlock.
Note: Apply slow, steady pressure when you turn the water filter. The turning will be difficult.
- Place the month sticker on the new water filter.
Note: The month sticker should display the name of the month six months from the current month. It indicates when the water filtershould be replaced.
- Remove the red cap from the water filter.
- Put the water filter into the water filter holder so that the UNLOCK symbol on the water filter lines up with the WATER FILTER mark on the filter holder.
Note: The UNLOCK symbol looks like an open padlock.
- Turn the water filter counter clockwise 90 degreesuntil the LOCK symbol on the water filter lines up with the WATER FILTER mark on the filter holder. The LOCK symbol looks like a closed padlock.
Note: Apply slow, steady pressure when you turn the filter. The turning will be difficult. This ensures a tight seal.
- Turn on the water line. Check for leaks.
- If there are no leaks, put the glass shelf or the vegetable bin back into the refrigerator.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 7864
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 623
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .