Galaxy Camera: Can I change the Keyboard Input options?
You can enter text on the Samsung Galaxy Camera™ using the onscreen keyboard, or using Google™ voice typing. You can change the keyboard and Google voice typing settings on your device; open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch Settings > Language and input.
Google™ Voice Typing
Google voice typing is a feature that allows you to enter text using your voice. To use Google voice typing when you are entering text, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch Choose input method > Google voice typing. Speak the words you want your device to type for you. Touch the Settings icon next to Google voice typing. Google voice typing allows you to Choose input languages, Block offensive words, and Download offline speech recognition.
Touch next to Samsung keyboard. You can also touch Settings on the keyboard when you are entering text. You can customize the following keyboard settings:
• Portrait keyboard types: Select from either a Qwerty keyboard or 3 x 4 keyboard when holding your device in portrait orientation.
• Input language: Select the input languages you want your device's keyboard to support. When you select more than one language here, you can quickly switch between languages by swiping your finger across the space bar.
• Predictive text: Touch the slider to turn Predictive text on . Touch Predictive text to edit the following predictive text settings:
• Word completion: Mark this option to have your device recommend complete words based on the characters you have entered so far.
• Word completion point: Set the number of characters you can enter before Word completion should offer you suggestions.
• Spell correction: Mark this option to have your device correct misspelled words.
• Next word prediction: Mark this option to have your device predict the next word based on what you have already typed.
• Auto-append: Mark this option to have your device automatically add new words to your My word list. When you type a word not in your dictionary, you will receive suggested words you may mean in blue, and the word you typed in white. When you meant to type the word you entered, touch the word in white to use that word, and add it to your dictionary.
• Auto-substitution: Mark this option to have your device suggest alternatives to the words you typed.
• Regional correction: Mark this option to have your device adjust words based on regional dialect.
• Recapture: Mark this option to enable XT9® recommendations.
• My word list: Shows you the custom words you have added to your list. You can touch to manually add words to the list.
• Auto substitution list: Shows you a list of auto substitutions your device allows you to use when you are entering text. You can type the word in the shortcut list and your device will correct it to the substitution. You can touch to manually add substitutions.
• Continuous input: When you mark this feature, you can spell words by swiping your finger across the keyboard to each letter of the word.
• Keyboard swipe: Swipe the keyboard to the left or right to switch between letters and symbols. This option is not available if you have selected continuous input.
• Handwriting: Touch the slider to turn Handwriting on . Touch Handwriting to edit the following settings:
• Recognition type: Set the type of recognition your device should use when you are inputting text using handwriting: Stroke recognition or Complete recognition.
• Recognition time: Set the delay after you stop writing a word before your device should begin converting your handwriting to text.
• Pen thickness: Set the pen thickness in the handwriting screen.
• Pen color: Set the color of the pen.
• Gesture guide: View a guide of gestures you can use during handwriting input.
• Tutorial: View a tutorial on how to use the handwriting input feature.
• About: View the current version of the handwriting feature installed on your device.
• Voice input: Mark this option to add the icon to the keyboard for quick access to the Google Voice Typing feature.
• Auto capitalization: Mark this option to have your device auto-capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence and for proper nouns.
• Auto-punctuate: Mark this option to have your device enter a period at the end of a sentence when you touch the space bar twice.
• Character preview: When you touch a letter, a preview of the selected letter appears, making it easier to verify you are typing correctly.
• Key-tap sound: Mark this option to have your device play a sound when you touch a key on the keyboard.
• Tutorial: View a tutorial on using the Samsung keyboard.
• Reset settings: Reset the Samsung keyboard settings to their default values.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 7864
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 623
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .