Galaxy Note: How do I change Keyboard input option?
You can change the keyboard settings on your device; from the Home screen, touch Menu> Settings> Language and input. Your device comes preloaded with the Samsung keyboard and Swype® keyboard. You can specify the default keyboard to be used by touching Default under Keyboards and input methods.
Touch next to Samsung keyboard. You can also touch Settings on the keyboard when you are entering text. You can customize the following keyboard settings:
• Portrait keyboard types: Select from either a Qwerty or 3x4 keyboard when holding your device in portrait orientation.
• Input language: Select the input languages you want your device's keyboard to support. When you select more than one language here, you can quickly switch between languages by swiping your finger across the space bar.
• Predictive text: Touch the slider to turn Predictive text on. Touch Predictive text to edit the following predictive text settings:
• Personalized data: Mark this option to make predictive results better with the data collected from external accounts. When this feature is active, you can adjust the following settings:
• Learn from E-mail: Sign in to your Email account to learn your writing style.
• Learn from Facebook®: Sign in to your Facebook account to learn your writing style.
• Learn from Twitter®: Sign in to your Twitter account to learn your writing style.
• Learn from Messaging: Update to allow your device to learn your messaging style.
• Learn from Contacts: Update to allow your device to learn your Contacts style.
• Clear personalized data: Removes all personalized data stored on the device.
• Continuous input: When you mark this feature, you can spell words by swiping your finger across the keyboard to each letter of the word.
• Pen detection: When the S Pen™ is detected, the keyboard is switched to the handwriting pad.
• One-handed operation: Mark this feature to move and reduce the size of the keyboard to one side of the screen, allowing you to enter text using a single hand. Touch the arrows next to the keyboard to orient it for left- or right-handed operation.
• Handwriting: Touch Handwriting to edit the following settings:
• Recognition type: Set the type of recognition your device should use when you input text using handwriting: Stroke recognition or Complete recognition.
• Recognition time: Set the delay after you stop writing a word before your device should begin converting your handwriting to text.
• Pen thickness: Set the pen thickness you see in the handwriting pad.
• Pen color: Set the color of the pen.
• Gesture guide: View a guide of gestures you can use during handwriting input.
• Tutorial: View a tutorial on how to use the handwriting input feature.
• About: View the current version of the handwriting feature installed on your device.
• Voice input: Mark this option to show the voice input button on the keyboard.
• Auto capitalization: Mark this option to have your device auto-capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence and for proper nouns.
• Auto-punctuate: Mark this option to have your device enter a period at the end of a sentence when you touch the space bar twice.
• Character preview: When you touch a letter, a preview of the selected letter appears, making it easier to verify you are typing correctly.
• Key-tap vibration: Mark this option to turn on haptic feedback when you are using the keyboard.
• Key-tap sound: Mark this option to have your device play a sound when you touch a key on the keyboard.
• Tutorial: View a tutorial on using the Samsung keyboard.
• Reset settings: Reset the Samsung keyboard settings, except personalized data, to their default values.
Touch next to Swype. You can also touch and hold the Settings icon on the keyboard when you are entering text using the Swype keyboard. You can customize the following keyboard settings:
• How to Swype: View introduction guides on how to Swype.
• Gestures: View the available shortcuts on the keyboard using gestures.
• Vibrate on keypress: Vibrates when a key is touched.
• Sound on keypress: Plays a sound when a key is touched.
• Show helpful tips: Displays helpful hints on how to use Swype.
• Auto-spacing: Automatically inserts a space between words.
• Auto-capitalization: Automatically capitalizes the first letter of a new sentence.
• Show complete trace: Displays the complete Swype path of each word.
• Pop-up on keypress: Displays the character above the key when typing.
• Next word prediction: Predicts words based on the previously entered text.
• Reset Swype's dictionary: Deletes all the words you have added to the personal dictionary.
• Version: Displays the current version for Swype.
• Language Options: Change the current language selection and download additional languages.
• Swype Connect: Make predictive results better with data collected from external accounts. Touch Register now to login with your email address and touch Register. Enter the Activation code sent to your email address to confirm your account. You can adjust the following settings:
• Backup & Sync: Mark this option to automatically back up and sync your personalized dictionary.
• Contribute usage data: Mark this option to collect data from the device to improve predictions.
• Cellular data: Mark this option to allow Swype updates over your cellular data connection.
• Edit Dictionary: Shows you the list of custom words, usernames, and contacts added. You can delete selected words from this menu option.
• Facebook: Sign in to your Facebook account to add contact names to your personal dictionary.
• Twitter: Sign in to your Twitter account to add usernames and new words from your Twitter feed to your personal dictionary.
• Gmail: Sign in to your Gmail account to add names of people to your personal dictionary.
• Updates: Check for any Swype updates.
Switching Text Entry Modes
When entering text, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch Choose input method.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .