Galaxy Note8: How Can I set it to play sound through the TV or monitor?
Change the default audio output (speaker) as follows:
1. Select the Quick Settings button (▲) at the bottom right of the Samsung DeX home screen.
2. Select [Audio output] from the Samsung Connect panel below the Quick Settings. You can check
the list of devices where audio output is currently available.
3. Select [Display device] to play sounds via the connected display (TV or monitor).
※ You can also change the default audio output to a different audio device (e.g. Bluetooth headset)
connected to your smartphone via this menu.
※ Phone call audio can only be directed through your mobile device.
When you select the Quick Settings button (▲) and can‘t see the Samsung Connect panel at the
bottom or the [Audio output] menu, please try the following:
1. Select [Apps] at the bottom left side and open the Samsung Connect app.
2. Select the button with three vertical dots (︙More) at the upper right side of the Samsung Connect
app. (Upon running the app for the first time, skip the Guide screen and check the menu.)
3. Go to [Settings] and then select the [Samsung Connect Panel] menu.
4. Enable (ON) the [Audio output] menu.
※The [Audio output] menu can only be enabled when the status is “ON” on the Samsung Connect
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .