Galaxy S7: How Do I set up a Lock Screen PIN on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
When you set a PIN (with at least four numbers) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Set up a PIN lock screen
Important: Don’t forget your PIN! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Lock screen and security .
Note: It might be necessary to scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to draw the pattern previously registered.
6. Touch PIN.
7. Create a PIN (with at least four numbers) and touch CONTINUE.
8. Retype the PIN to confirm it and touch OK.
9. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
10. You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Touch SET UP to add your fingerprints. Touch LATER to skip this step.
11. Press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
Note : You might notice that compared to our previous Galaxy devices, the weather information has been removed and the clock has been moved to the middle of the lock screen.
12. Swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
13. Enter your PIN and touch OK to unlock the device.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .