Galaxy S8: How Do I use Samsung DeX feature?
To use Samsung DeX feature, DeX Station (sold separately), Charger (TA), HDMI cable and Monitor, and Mouse (Wired or BT) are essential peripherals. With DeX Station, you can connect smartphones to a TV or a monitor to use smartphone features on a wider screen.
You can also connect with nearby devices, such as a keyboard or a mouse.
Basic requirements for using DeX Station
1. Connect the charger to the DeX Station’s charger port (USB Type-C).
2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the DeX Station’s HDMI port, and plug the other end of the cable into a TV or monitor’s HDMI port.
3. Use a wired network by connecting the wired LAN to a wired LAN port
4. If you do not want to use a Wi-Fi network or your smartphone’s wireless data, press in front of the DeX Station cover to use the cover to support the smartphone. You can now see the smartphone connector.
5. Connect your smartphone’s multipurpose jack to the smartphone connector on the DeX Station
※ You can use the DeX Station more conveniently by connecting a wired keyboard and mouse to the DeX Station’s USB ports.
You can also use a wireless keyboard/mouse or Bluetooth keyboard/mouse by connecting them to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
※ Wireless(BT) mouse/Keyboard : Connect to the smartphone
Wired mouse/Keyboard : Connect to DeX station
6. The Samsung DeX app will launch on your smartphone.
On your smartphone’s screen, select the screen mode you want to use. You can choose Samsung DeX mode or screen mirroring mode.
• START SAMSUNG DeX (Samsung DeX mode): Display your smartphone screen with a computer interface on the connected TV or monitor.
• SWITCH TO SCREEN MIRRORING (screen mirroring mode): Display the same screen as your smartphone on the TV or monitor.
On the mode selection screen, tap START SAMSUNG DeX. Your smartphone’s screen will turn off and a virtual smartphone screen will appear on the connected TV or monitor.
7. Tap the All apps button to view your smartphone’s apps
※ Some apps may not appear on the Samsung DeX screen.
8. Select the apps you want to use.
※ To use MS Office, users must subscribe in advance.
To end the connection, please disconnect your smartphone from the DeX Station.
• For more information about using DeX Station, please refer to the DeX Station’s user manual.
• All accessories, including the DeX Station, are sold separately.
* To activate DeX Station, charger is required
• Please only use Samsung-approved chargers supplied with your smartphones.
• Be careful not to hurt your fingers when changing the angle of the smartphone support.
• You may not be able to use the DeX Station if you have attached a certain type of case, such as a flip cover or a hard case cover to your smartphone.
Some of the above images are virtual images and for reference only. Pictures/Images and Screen Images are for reference only.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .