Gear IconX: How Do I Transfer Music Files to the Earbuds?
l Please note that the answer below is a reference for customers, which may change in different software version and device models. The pictures/images are for reference only. All other products and services mentioned may belong to their respective trademark owners.
Q: How do I transfer music files to the earbuds?
A: You can transfer music files to the earbuds from your mobile device and your computer.
You can transfer music files from your mobile device to your earbuds via the Samsung Gear app. on your mobile device.
1. Insert the earbuds into the charging case and close it.
Please note that if any one of the earbuds does not make contacts with the charging contacts, the Gear IconX Manager program will not recognize the earbuds.
2. Plug the USB connector into the multipurpose jack of your mobile device. Connect the charging case and the mobile device using the USB cable.
• You must plug the USB connector into your mobile device. If you plug the USB connector into the charging case, your mobile device will not recognize the earbuds.
• Transferring data with the USB connector increases the battery power consumption. Please ensure that the battery is fully charged before transferring data. If the battery power is low, data transfer may be interrupted.
3. On the Apps screen of the mobile device, tap Samsung Gear and tap SETTINGS
4. Tap Music
5. Tap Manage tracks
6. Tap ADD (Alternatively, you can also tap Samsung Gear → Memory → Manage tracks and transfer music files.)
7. Tick music files to transfer and tap ADD; music files are saved in the MUSIC folder of the earbuds.
Please do not change the folder name or create a new folder. If you make any change to the file directory of the earbuds, the music files may not be played.
You can transfer music files from your computer to the earbuds using the earbuds as a removable disk for data transfer.
To transfer music files, please install the Gear IconX Manager onto your computer.
1. Insert the earbuds into the charging case and close it
2. Connect the charging case and the computer by using a USB cable
3. On the computer’s desktop, click → Computer, open IconX_R or IconX_L → TOOLS, and double-click the Gear IconX Manger install file
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
5. After the installation, please connect the charging case (with the earbuds inserted) and the computer by using a USB cable.
Please note that if any of the earbuds does not make contacts with the charging contacts, the Gear IconX Manager program will not recognize the earbuds.
6. On the computer, run Gear IconX and click Add
7. Select music files to transfer and click Open
Music files are saved in the MUSIC folder of the earbuds. Do not change the folder name or create a new folder. If you make any change to the file directory of the earbuds, the music files may not be played.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable or USB connector from the earbuds or mobile device when you are transferring files. Doing so may cause data loss or damage to the device.
- Music files which are not transferred via the Gear IconX Manager program may not be played.
These are virtual images and for reference only. Screen Images are for reference only.
Google+、Google、the Google logo、Google Search、Google Maps、Gmail、YouTube、Android、Google Play and Messenger are the trademarks of Google Inc. All other products and services mentioned may belong to their respective trademark owners.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 7864
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 623
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .