Gear VR: How Do I install the mobile device with Gear VR?
Gear VR - How do I install the mobile device with Gear VR?
Q : How do I install the mobile device with Gear VR?
1. For removing the cover, gently pull the right device holder outwards, then gently remove the protective front cover.
Note: Keep the lenses clean and protect them from getting scratched. If the lenses get dirty or steam up, clean them with the lens cleaning cloth. When you are not wearing the Gear VR, do not place objects on the proximity sensor inside the Gear VR. Doing so may cause the proximity sensor to remain on and drain the mobile device’s battery.
2. Replace the Device Holder. The USB Type-C device holder is attached to the Gear VR by default.
• If your mobile device’s multipurpose jack is USB Type-C, connect the mobile device using the default connector.
• If your mobile device’s multipurpose jack is Micro USB, replace the device holder with the Micro USB version before connecting this mobile device to the Gear VR.
3. Slide the lock switch to the unlock position (1) and remove the device holder from the Gear VR by pulling it out and away to remove it.
Caution: Be careful not to break the connector base while trying to remove the device holder.
4. Select another device holder, slide its lock switch to the right (3), align the connector on the grooved and slide it back into the holder slot (4). Then, lock the holder by sliding the lock switch back to the lock position.
Caution: Do not slide the device holder into the holder slot while the lock switch is in the position. This may damage the lock switch’s latch. Ensure that you lock the device holder by sliding the lock switch to the position. If not, the mobile device may accidentally separate from the Gear VR and be damaged.
5. Now for connecting the mobile device, pull the device holder (right) to the right (1), verify the Lock Switch is in the correct “locked” position (2), and gently push the device holder into either position A or B (3) depending on the size of the mobile device screen you want to use.
6. Verify that your device volume is on and not set to silent.
7. Carefully insert the mobile device (face down) at an angle into the center of the Gear VR and then insert the Gear VR connector (1) into the mobile device’s USB port.
Note: Ensure that the connector is fully inserted into the mobile device’s USB port. The device makes a sound when properly connected.
Caution: Do not forcefully insert the connector into the mobile device as this may damage the connector. Improper installation can scratch the mobile device.
8. Insert the mobile device into the center of the Gear VR and gently push the mobile device until it locks into place (2). The device holder (right) will return to the previous position and hold the mobile device (3). The mobile device will emit a sound when it is connected to the Gear VR properly.
Caution: If the mobile device is not securely locked, the mobile device may accidentally separate from the Gear VR and be damaged. Do not twist or bend the Gear VR’s connector when you connect or disconnect the mobile device. Doing so may damage the connector.
9. Verify the orientation of the mobile device.
Caution: If you insert the mobile device tilted to one side, it may cause discomfort. In this case, the mobile device screen will not be aligned properly to the lenses.
Note: Verify that your device volume is not set to silent. If the sound is not emitted when you insert the connector into the mobile device, the Gear VR did not recognize the connection. Carefully reconnect the mobile device until you hear the sound.
Caution: Do not leave the Gear VR in direct sunlight. Exposure to direct sunlight can damage the Gear VR and the connected mobile device.
Note: Factory lens protectors are pre-installed on the Gear VR. Remove the lens protectors before you use the Gear VR so you can see clearly.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .