How Do I Activate and Use Bixby Vision on Note8?
Bixby Vision is an image search feature that scans objects or locations to help you search for nearby places, or similar images. You can also detect text and translate it.
• To use this feature, the device must be connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
• To use this feature, you must register and sign in to your Samsung account.
• Available features may vary depending on the region or service provider.
• On the Bixby Home screen, tap
• In the Camera app, tap BIXBY VISION
• In the Gallery app, select an image and tap
• In the Internet app, tap and hold an image and tap Bixby Vision
• Open the Air command panel and tap Bixby Vision.
• Open the Air command panel, tap Smart select, select an area, and tap Bixby Vision
• Capture a screen and select Bixby Vision on the toolbar
Point the camera at an object or location, then hold your phone steady while Bixby Vision takes a look.
Tap the search icon you want to use. Simple results are shown after choosing a icon.
- Searching for nearby places : Search for landmarks or information of places near where the area device scans.
- Detecting and translating text : Detect text in an image to share or translate it.
- Searching for wine information : Detect the information from a wine label and search for information on the wine. Information, such as its vintage chart, food pairings, and world ranking, will be provided.
- Searching for similar images : Search for images similar to the recognized object online. You can view various images with properties similar to the object, such as color or shape
- Reading QR codes : You can read QR codes to access a variety of information, such as a website’s address, content details, location information, or business card details.
The Shopping feature is not supported by local websites.
Screen Images are for reference only. All other products and services mentioned may belong to their respective trademark owners.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .