How Do I add, delete, edit new Contacts using Kies 2.6?
Click Contacts below your device's name in the left panel to manage the contacts available on your device. You may need to select a tab at the top of the contacts list to display your contacts. There is a tab for contacts stored on your mobile device, contacts stored in an online account, or contacts stored on your SIM card (if applicable).
NOTE: The contacts library is not available in Kies for Mac®. If you do not see the device's name in the left panel, you may be running Kies in Lite mode. Click View > Switch Mode > Normal Mode, or click the mode shortcut in the top-right corner of the window to return Kies to "normal" mode.
Add New Contacts
1. Click at the top of the contacts list. A new contact panel displays to the right. Enter the contact information and click .
2. The new contact is shown in the list of contacts displayed in Kies, but the change will not save to the device until you click Save to device.
You can add the following information to a new contact:
• Contact photo: Click to add a photo to the contact.
• Name/Last name: Enter the contact's first and last name. Click View more to display all available name fields:
• Middle name
• First name (phonetic): Enter the phonetic spelling of the contact's first name.
• Middle name (phonetic): Enter the phonetic spelling of the contact's middle name.
• Last name (phonetic): Enter the phonetic spelling of the contact's last name.
• Phone number: Enter a phone number for the contact. Click the drop-down box to select the phone number type. Click for additional phone number fields.
• Group: Click the drop-down box to select a group for this contact. Click to create a new group on the device.
• Email: Enter an email address for the contact. Click the drop-down box to select the email address type. Click for additional email addresses.
• Messenger: Enter instant messenger details for the contact. Click the drop-down box to select the instant messenger account type. Click for additional messenger accounts.
• Address: Click the drop-down box to select the address type. Click for additional addresses.
• Website: Add a website address for the contact. Click for additional website addresses.
• Birthday: Enter the contact's birthday.
• Anniversary: Enter an anniversary date for the contact. Click for additional anniversaries.
• Event: Add an event date for the contact. Click the drop-down box to assign a type to the event. Click for additional events.
• Relationship: Add information about a person related to the contact. Click the drop-down box to select the relationship and enter the person's name in the Relationship box.
• Personal information: Add the contact's nickname.
• Organization: Add the contact's job details, including Work and Job title.
• Memo/Notes: Enter a free text memo or note for the contact.
Mark the checkbox next to the contact you want to delete, then click . The contact will be deleted from the list of contacts displayed in Kies, but the change has not been saved to the device until you click Save to device.
Double-click a contact to open the edit panel on the right. If the panel is already open, you can click a contact and then click .
When a contact has multiple entries for an information field, click to delete a field. Make the desired changes to the contact, and click to save the changes. Make sure you click Save to device after you save the changes to commit the changes to the device as well.
NOTE: Kies 2.6 is only available for use on a Windows® platform.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .