How Do I change the handset lock security code(PIN) on my Galaxy Alpha?
Android™ Device Manager
Your Android device contains personal information that may be compromised if you lose it. If you lose an Android device associated with your Google account you can use Android Device Manager to remotely locate it and perform a factory data reset.
If your device is offline Android Device Manager won’t be able to ring, lock or erase the device until there’s a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. Select Erase in advance and your device will reset when it’s back online.
Turn On Android Device Manager
Use the Google Settings application to access Android Device Manager.
Touch Apps > Google Settings > Android Device Manager.
You can turn on the following options:
- Remotely locate this device: Remotely locate a device and find its approximate location on Google Maps. For devices running Android version 4.1 and higher you must turn on location access. From Google Settings, touch Location > Google Location Reporting > Location Reporting. Touch Off and slide to On.
- Allow remote lock and erase: Remotely erase all data on your device. Touch Allow remote lock and erase > Activate to turn on the device administrator.
Access Android Device Manager
Google offers an Android device-tracking application available at Android Device Manager. Sign in to the Google Account associated with the device you wish to locate. The following dialog box displays over the interactive Google map.
When your device is located its approximate location is indicated by on the map. The device manager also displays the name of the place where the device is located, the time it was located and when it was last used. The following options are available:
- : Select a different device associated with your Google Account.
- : Change the device name.
- : Refresh the map to display the location of your device.
- : Ring your device at full volume for five minutes, even if it is set to silent or vibrate.
- : Lock the device with a new password.
- : Perform a factory data reset, which permanently deletes all of your data. Google will attempt to erase the contents of the memory card if it is supported by the device.
Important! Android Device Manager does not collect a location history or do background location reporting. Your device’s approximate location is requested when you first sign in and these location data are deleted when you sign out of the device manager. If the device is turned off or offline Google cannot report its location.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .