How Do I Create and Manage Playlists in Kies 2.6?
Create and Manage Playlists
You can create, edit, and transfer playlists in Kies 2.6.
You can create a music playlist for your connected device or for use in your Kies library. You can also create a video playlist for use in your Kies library.
1. Hover over Music or Videos and click .
2. The new playlist will be added below Music or Videos with the default name New music playlist or New video playlist. You can immediately rename the playlist or keep the default name and rename it later.
You can edit existing music playlists stored on your connected device and those in your Kies library. You can edit existing video playlists only in your Kies library. It is easiest to edit a playlist in list view. Click to switch to list view. From here you can delete songs or videos from the playlist.
Add a Song or Video
1. Click the playlist where you want to add songs or videos.
2. Click .
3. Select the songs you want to add, and then click Open.
4. To add a song or video that is already part of your library or stored on your connected device, click Music or Videos in the left panel above the playlist name, and locate the item. Right-click the song or video, click Add to music playlist or Add to video playlist, then click the playlist name.
Delete a Song or Video
1. Click the playlist in the left panel.
NOTE: If you do not see your playlist, click next to Music or Videos in the left panel.
2. Right-click on the song or video you want to remove, and then click Delete.
3. Confirm that you want to remove the song or video by clicking Delete again.
NOTE: The song or video is not removed from your library or device; it is removed only from the playlist.
Delete Multiple Songs or Videos
1. Mark the checkbox next to each item.
2. Click .
3. Confirm that you want to remove the songs or videos by clicking Delete again.
Delete a Playlist
You can delete an entire playlist or rename the playlist by right-clicking the playlist name in the left panel.
Transfer Playlists to Your Connected Device
Playlists you create in your Kies library can be transferred to a Samsung device you connect to Kies. Right-click the playlist in the left panel, and then click Transfer to device. The playlist, and all items not already available on the connected device, will be transferred to the device.
NOTE: If you do not see the device's name or Library in the left panel, you may be running Kies in Lite mode. Click View > Switch Mode > Normal Mode, or click the mode shortcut in the top-right corner of the window to return Kies to "normal" mode.
Import iTunes® Playlist
You can import playlists into your Kies library from iTunes. Click File > Import iTunes playlist to Library. All playlists you have created in iTunes, and all related songs, will be saved to your library. DRM-protected songs will be saved to the library, but Kies may not be able to play them. A DRM-protected song will be tagged in Kies with DRM next to the song title. When you try to play a DRM-protected song, the Purchase button will display. When you click the Purchase button, you will be taken to a website outside of Kies to complete your purchase.
Import Windows Media® Player Playlist
You can import playlists into your Kies library from Windows Media Player. Click File > Import Windows Media Player playlist to Library. All playlists you have created in Windows Media Player, and all related songs, will be saved to your library. DRM-protected songs will be saved to the library, but Kies may not be able to play them. A DRM-protected song will be tagged in Kies with DRM next to the song title. When you try to play a DRM-protected song, the Purchase button will show. When you click the Purchase button, you will be taken to a website outside of Kies to complete your purchase.
NOTE: Kies 2.6 is only available for use on a Windows® platform.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 7864
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 623
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .