How Do I monitor data usage on my Samsung Galaxy Tab?S 10.5?
The Data usage application shows how much data you have used and which applications or services are responsible for your data usage. You can set mobile data limits, view Wi-Fi® usage, restrict background data usage, and turn data roaming usage on or off.
Access Data Usage
To access the Data usage application, from the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Data usage .
Manage Data Usage
Mark the Mobile data checkbox to turn on mobile data. Mark the Alert me about data usage checkbox to be notified when you have reached a specified limit. To adjust the warning limit, touch on the right side of the graph and drag it up or down.
You can also touch the bar and manually set the data usage level in MB (megabytes). Adjust the date range shown in the chart by touching Data usage cycle > Change cycle.
Mark the Limit mobile data usage checkbox to turn off your data connection when the limit is reached. To adjust the mobile data limit, touch on the right side of the graph and drag it up or down.
Mobile Data Limit Reached
When you have reached your mobile data limit, you will receive the following message:
Touch Re-enable data to continue using mobile data, or touch OK to turn off mobile data. You can turn on mobile data anytime by touching Mobile data turned off in the Notification Panel.
Touch More options for the following options:
• Data roaming: Turn data roaming on or off. When data roaming is on, your device will connect to mobile data networks outside your wireless service provider's network. Additional charges may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more information regarding data roaming.
• Restrict background data: Restrict your device's use of data for background tasks unless your device is connected to a Wi-Fi access point.
• Auto sync data: Turn synchronization for your accounts on or off.
• Show Wi-Fi usage: Display an additional tab covering the Wi-Fi data usage.
• Mobile hotspots: Select Wi-Fi networks that are mobile hotspots. Applications can be restricted from using these networks when in the background and can also warn you about using these networks for large downloads.
• Show units: Change the units shown to MB/GB (auto change), MB only, or GB only.
• Help: Access help for Data usage features.
The list of applications shows you applications that have used data on your device and how much data each application is responsible for during the selected data usage cycle. Touch an application to get more information about it, View app settings, or Restrict background data for each application individually.
IMPORTANT: Data usage shown in the Data usage application is measured by your device. Your wireless service provider's data usage accounting may differ.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .