Note8, receiving sound on a call is not heard clearly and volume is low.
If receiving sound during call is not heard clearly or broken irregularly, firstly please check whether you attach Samsung-unapproved protect accessories covering perfectly all parts on Galaxy Note8 device’s back.
Some of Samsung-unapproved protect accessories like films, covers, vinyl which attach on device back side cover even Camera, Flash, HRM sensor and this causes to block the Air Path (Air vent hole) inside the device.
Due to blocking of Air Path(Air vent hole), receiving sound is not heard clearly or broken irregularly, and volume may be also low.
Air Path is placed on up and down part of rear camera
Please keep in mind not to use Samsung-unapproved protect accessories covering Camera, Flash, HRM sensor. Especially, as this symptom can also appear when protect vinyl or film cover on a little bit of Camera Deco, be careful that the protective vinyl or film does not cover on any parts of the Camera Deco.
Be careful that the protective vinyl or film does not cover on parts of the Camera Deco where Air Path is placed.
• Please check whether or not protect film covers Mic. hole if call volume is low/muted or Mic. Audio quality is poor.
Be careful that protect film does not cover Mic hole
• If the device has been immersed in water or speaker is wet, sound may not be heard clearly during a call because water may get in the speaker hole during exposure underwater.
Tips to dry the device:
• Please wipe device smoothly with a dry, soft cloth and keep putting during certain period of time to dry it thoroughly before using device.
• Additionally for faster drying of water from speaker, it will help that you hold the device while speaker of device is facing down and shake device smoothly a few times to remove remaining water.
• Moisture can be also removed by speaker vibration during call, please check the device’s sound state while making call for a period of time.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .