Poor call quality and call drops on my phone
The GT-S8000 (Jet) is more dependant on the strength of the radio signal, as it activates on radio waves.
• Low success rate of call connection
Some variables that may affect call quality are:
• Low network signal
• Installation of 3rd party applications
In the case of poor call quality and call drops, please check the followings.
1. Check Idle screen display of handset.
• Name of service provider (PLMN) should be displayed properly and this should be matched with your SIM card provider and roaming partners.
• Signal bar should be displayed with bars.
2. Check number of signal bar on the idle screen.
• Your device should display minimum 2 signal bars to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls.
3. Check individual signal level of 2G and 3G.
• Select Main menu > Select Setting > Select Network settings
• Select Network mode
• Select GSM 900/1800 to check 2G signal level.
• Select UMTS 900/2100 to check 3G signal level.
• Select other network mode if you want (Change to automatic again if you are moving to another area.)
• If handset can do this automatically, Automatic setting will be strongly recommended.
4. If you still have same problem, power off and turn on handset.
If you do not find any abnormal symptom after having done the steps above, please contact your network operator for assiatance.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .